At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We inspire people to keep learning.
Blinkist offers the best selection of nonfiction knowledge, all in an app that makes it easy to fit learning into your life. Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Blinkist was created in 2012 right in the heart of Berlin. We’ve been selected as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany by LinkedIn, and are amongst Berlin’s top 3 employers based on Glassdoor and Kununu ratings.
Team: New Business Development – B2B
Contract: Unlimited at 40h per week
Working hours: Flexible working hours with a great policy for working from home
Apply by: September 07, 2020
Although Blinkist is predominantly B2C, we’ve been able to scale our B2B business substantially this year and are now looking to grow our team to take full advantage of the opportunity. This is where you come in: You’ll join us as our first dedicated Account Executive with the exciting task of building up our B2B sales operation during a time of rapid expansion.
- Manage full sales cycle from discovery to negotiation, selling both transactional and consultative 5 and 6 figure deals, with the support of a Sales Development Representative
- Build sales pipeline with prospect companies by setting meetings with HR/L&D and other key decision-makers (revenue is expected to be 40/60 inbound vs. outbound)
- Develop new sales tactics and share best practices with your colleagues to innovate and drive the business forward
- Drive value to your prospects by identifying business needs and aligning Blinkist’s offering through a strategic evaluation
- Land & expand your client base by understanding current use case and identifying areas for expansion, resulting in mid-term up-sells and up-sells at renewal
- Create and deliver accurate sales forecasts through strong pipeline management
To be successful in this role, we believe you need at least 3 years B2B sales experience (SaaS preferred) and very strong communication, negotiation, strategic thinking, and planning skills. Fluency in German is a big advantage, but not essential.
Beyond that, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you?
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we’ve flipped the script and moved beyond rigid classic management hierarchies. Instead, our Blinkist Operating System fosters a unique company culture valuing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, transparency, and mutual support.
We offer a permanent role based in Berlin-Neukölln. Our perks don't try to keep you at the office and you can decide on your hours or work remotely whenever you like. We support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow in your skillset and career. At Blinkist, leadership is a sparring partner, not a micromanager. To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site.
Please send your application by Sep 07, 2020. We can't wait to hear from you!