Vriens & Partners (V&P) is the leading government affairs consulting firm in Southeast Asia. Operating in the most dynamic part of the world, Vriens & Partners is headquartered in Singapore, with offices in the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, and Cambodia. Our team comprises 80 full-time employees from over ten nationalities, as well as 40 senior advisors from across the region.
V&P’s culture is open, welcoming, and fast-paced, where everyone can voice their opinion and make a positive impact. Our collaborative approach across diverse teams and industries allows for employees to grow as individuals and consultants and build new standards of achievement.
Our clients are primarily major multinationals, along with various business associations and non-governmental organizations. A growing advisory firm, V&P offers a challenging and unique work environment, as well as exposure to multiple business sectors. Find out more at www.vrienspartners.com
The Associate is responsible for leading government affairs and public policy projects in Myanmar, across a variety of sectors and in a cross-cultural setting.
We expect the candidate to be an experienced project and client manager with proven capacity to lead engagements with the Myanmar government, drive projects in a high-pressure environment to completion, work with nimble teams and external specialists of varying levels of seniority and expertise, and build and sustain external coalitions.
We expect the candidate to be an adept analytical and strategic thinker, with well-honed skills in synthesizing complex information, drawing conclusions, and translating them into action. Clearly communicating plans of action to international professionals will be part of your daily work.
- Three to six years relevant work experience in an in-house government or external affairs role in a multi-national company, consulting, the Myanmar government, journalism, or think tanks.
- A relevant undergraduate degree, preferably in areas of political science, economics, public policy, law, or international relations. An advanced degree is a value-add.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Myanmar government, Myanmar political dynamics, policy and regulatory drivers, protocols, and cultural norms.
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Motivated self-starter, team player, eagerness to contribute to firm’s growth;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is a must. Fluency in Burmese is strongly preferred but not required.
- Location: Yangon
- Travel: Occasionally, particularly but not exclusively to Naypyitaw
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] and indicate the position being applied for in the subject line. Please include a cover letter demonstrating interest and fitness for the position (required) and current resume.