As part of our Business Development team, you are expected to demonstrate leadership, inspire and strategize business plans to develop and grow the business. You should be passionate and a strong believer of the digitized payment ecosystem.
To be successful in the role, one should be well-versed in the business model and dynamics of the existing partners, clients, competitors’ ecosystem and effectively develop both tactical and executional plans for growth/acceleration.
This is a hands-on leadership role that requires excellent business and technical skills to build and execute prospective campaigns as well as to drive sales performance. It is imperative to partner with our internal stakeholders/ cross-functional teams such as Operations, Technology and Marketing to achieve our business objectives.
You are an expert in problem-solving with a high sales-oriented discipline that works well independently or as a team with great can-do attitude. You are receptive and proactive in acquiring and sharing new knowledge.
Key Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Possess sound understanding of our business model and relevant industry trends/ insights for consistent success
- Develop and execute business strategy to drive top line revenue growth
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders for an aligned and cross-functional strategy and compliance
- Identify, structure and lead key strategy initiatives and business programs such as business scaling, resource allocations, growth programs and performance improvement programs
- Maintain close collaboration with the respective department heads for insight and guidance to ensure alignment with the country and regional priorities
- Deliver reporting, perform assessment and communicate results to management
- Ability to prepare and conduct sales pitch and client meetings/ negotiations
- Build and maintain strong client relationship - ability to address and resolve client’s issues
- Commercial understanding of technology solutions, specifically towards financial services industry would be preferred
- Proficient to conduct industry, market and client research
- Strong project management skill - Manage incoming projects and coordinate with relevant teams on project requirements, delivery and execution
- 6 to 8 years of sales, business development and merchant acquiring preferably in the payment, e-commerce or related industry on a regional scale
- Strong knowledge in payments, networks and/or the prepaid/payments products
- Familiar with the financial/ payment regulatory landscape of the local market
- Experience working in a Tech start-up with strong entrepreneurship working in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical mind and a problem-solver
- Effectively bilingual, both spoken and written in English and Burmese
- Thrive to think outside the box, innovate and differentiate
- Exceptional client-servicing and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong computer literacy, including proficient use of Google platforms
- Able to travel occasionally