Job description & Accountability:
This is the key to successful channel development. An effective distributor will have the ability to cover the market; it is the Channel Development Specialist’s responsibility to enable him to achieve market coverage consistent with Double A’s channel objectives. Distributor management will include:
- Annual plan, setting monthly and quarterly KPI’s.
- Proposing channel promotion programs with monthly reviews.
- Monitoring stock levels on a weekly basis.
- Monitoring sell-out data by the customer on a weekly basis.
- Pro-active adjustment of plans to meet changing market conditions.
- Pro-active seek new channel and market opportunities.
- Submit monthly volume forecast.
- Confirm the monthly shipment with the distributor.
- Collect the required documents for reimbursements.
- Motivate and build a good relationship with the distributor.
- Work with and improve the distributor’s channel development team.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the distributor and control centers.
Channel Development and Strategy:
This is the key to the effective delivery of our Brand to end consumers. Each country has a Channel Strategy that has identified key channels, their relative importance, and actions required to grow within each channel. The channels are stationery shops, copy centers, catalog, corporate resellers, redistribution dealers, modern trade, and tender business.
Key management duties will be:
- Support the distributor to manage and develop the sales channel.
- Develop promotion programs by channel, execute approved programs, monitor, evaluate, and present results to the regional control center.
- Corporate with the marketing department to prepare annual channel program budget, control spending, and review spending effectiveness on a program-by-program and monthly basis.
- Prepare tailor-made programs for key customers.
- Budgets include volume, spending in the category, and resources required for each channel.
- Effectively employ resources to grow volume in key channels.
- Maintain trade price stability through all channels and regions.
- Negotiate with Modern Trade on trading terms.
- Pro-actively seek out new opportunities to enhance Double A’s brand awareness and volume.
- Develop a new distributor to expand Double A sales to Sub-cities"
Channel Promotion Plan and Implementation:
This is an extension of the Channel and Customer strategy. Double A will provide funds to manage channel and customer growth. Channel Development Specialist will be responsible for:
- Developing channel promotion plans with the support of the Marketing Team.
- Corporate with Marketing Team to submitting individual proposals.
- Implementing the approved proposals, which will involve coordination with the sales, marketing, distributor, dealer, channel, and customer. Effective communication and planning will be critical for success.
- Monitor the progress of the promotion, evaluate the promotion, and submit report results to the regional control center.
- Collect the relevant documentation to effect payment.
Trade Price Stability:
This is crucial to the growth of our Brands. No trade channel will be permitted to undercut our recommended pricing. Channel Development Specialist's responsibility will be:
- Setting the trade price structure.
- Ensure trade price structure is stable across all channels.
- Ensure the end-user price is stable and at a level agreed to the company guideline.
- Monitoring the trade price structure and end-user price.
Team Management and Development:
Channel Development Specialist's responsibility will be to lead a team of Channel Development staff, which will require:
- Motivation and clear direction in implementing marketing plans.
- Assessing resource requirements to meet our channel objectives and to sustain brand growth.
- Assessing individual performance and provide coaching/counseling where appropriate.
- Setting standards of behavior and performance expectations.
- Approving sale route plans and reporting mechanism.
- Coach and provide training to the channel development team.
Requirements Skills and Experience
- More than 8-10 years’ sales experience in stationery business or FMCG
- At least 2 years of sales management experience and have proven good sales achievement records.
- Strong Leadership & Negotiation skills
- Ability working under high stress, creatively, and patiently.
- Good communication skills, leadership skills, responsible, self-driven, results-oriented, proactive, systematic thinking, and team building.
- Ability to write, read, and communicate English effectively.