JOB OPPORTUNITY # 045/20
#045-20 Communications & Advocacy Director
The Communications and Advocacy Director is responsible for all of WWF-Myanmar’s strategic communications and advocacy work to reach and catalyse support and change in key constituencies for our conservation agenda. The Communications and Advocacy Director is responsible for creating and implementing the communications, advocacy, and campaign strategies for WWF-Myanmar, building key internal and external relationships and playing an active role in the country office senior management team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop and direct the implementation of the communications strategy for WWF-Myanmar
· Design and implement national campaigns that support WWF-Myanmar’s conservation objectives through targeted measureable
· Support capacity building for advocacy within WWF-Myanmar to ensure WWF’s conservation goals are a priority for Myanmar’s policymakers
· Represent WWF-Myanmar at a national, regional and global level for communications and advocacy ensuring Myanmar maintains a leading profile in the WWF network
· Act as a radar for opportunities within regional and international conservation fora
· Protect the WWF-Myanmar brand and reputation by providing a “radar function” on emerging issues, crises and brand attacks, briefing the Country Management Team on potential issues and leading crisis management procedures in the event of a crisis
· Build and maintain relationships with key partners including INGOs, NGOs, United Nations Institutions, embassies, relevant decision makers, CSO and the WWF network to advance WWF-Myanmar’s advocacy goals
· Manage communications and campaign budgets, preparing project descriptions and progress reports on a timely basis, as mutually agreed, with the Country Director
The detailed responsibilities are at https://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
· University degree in communications, marketing, advocacy, international affairs or related subject. In the absence of a degree, extensive professional experience and proven results in those areas; Master’s degree is an asset.
· At least 10 years relevant professional communications and advocacy experience;
· Proven track record in communications projects, advocacy support and high-profile campaign management;
· Demonstrable success in development and implementation of successful communications and advocacy strategies
· Demonstrable success in running high profile advocacy campaigns
· Familiarity with a wide range of communication tools and approaches, their potential impact and their suitability for an organisation like WWF
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, supported by good computer and digital skills
· Interest in conservation and environmental issues
· Experience working for an NGO or international environmental organization is desirable but not required
Closing Date: 23 November 2020 (Monday)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae stating the position
Title and reference number in English by email to [email protected] (Application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.