We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Country Business Manager, Myanmmar
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
- Accountable for the P&L and configuration of sales, marketing, delivery and operations for Myanmar
- Identifies strategic opportunities to expand and grow MasterCard's business in Myanmar - Specifically the jobholder is expected to develop strategies and lead its execution in areas such as expanding the distribution and use of Mastercard cards in the country, building card acceptance to new segments, driving digital enablement across the ecosystem and unlocking new flows across consumer, commercial and government segments
- Monitors regulatory framework and proactively approaches external stakeholders, acts as MasterCard’s ambassador, spokesperson and key contact for regulatory and government agencies
- Own, build and manage relationships amongst issuers, acquirers, merchants and non-banks, positions MasterCard as a business partner, thought leader and trusted advisor with customers
- Leverage the full breadth of MasterCard's assets across core, digital and services to deliver a compelling value proposition for target opportunities.
- Build Mastercard domestic relevance in Myanmar, operating as a pivotal liaison with local stakeholders and partners in relation to Myanmar’s Real Time Retail Payments system
Job Specific Experiences
- Experience in a sales management role with accountability for sales, marketing, delivery and/or operations
- Demonstrated success in managing customer relationships which lead to realizable sales opportunities, and managing P&L goals for an area / country/region
- Established market development track record, able to lead and shape market dynamics which support revenue generation
- Myanmar card payments or retail payments experience will be viewed favourably
- Experience developing relationships with government/regulatory agencies and influencing stakeholders to better position your organisation in the market
- Successfully managed/led employees in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong project management and executional discipline with proven experience in delivering complex projects and initiatives within target timelines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally to drive outcomes
- Able to operate effectively in situations of high uncertainty or with limited information and resources
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.