Rakuten is Japan's leading Internet services company, the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and the third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide with a combined membership of almost 1.3 billion. Rakuten has 70+ businesses and services spread across 30 countries and regions worldwide, this includes Viber, eBates, Lyft, and more, reaching a global audience of nearly 1 billion users. Rakuten is an Eco-system of online services, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing, and professional sports.
Rakuten Viki is a premier global entertainment streaming site where millions of people discover and consume primetime shows and movies subtitled in more than 200 languages, by our community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere!
Customer Experience Specialists are the heart and soul of Viki and Soompi Help Centers. They are passionate, organized, have great judgment, and love communicating with our amazing community of viewers and volunteers around the world.
We are in search of multiple remote Customer Experience Specialists to join our team on a full-time and fixed-term (6 months) basis. The role reports to the Manager of Customer Experience based in Singapore.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Answer all questions related to Viki and Soompi and escalate to Tier 2 team when necessary
- Monitor, identify, analyze and report on trends based on incoming issue reports and requests
- Coordinate with Tier 2 teams and above to file bugs, troubleshoot issues, and offer support to users
- Proactively provide feedback to Tier 2 teams in order to improve Viki and Soompi products and create a better customer experience
- Help to identify knowledge base gaps and escalate to Tier 2 as needed
- Ability to identify issues and troubleshoot with users accordingly before escalation
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Answer product questions and user’s concerns as required
- Manage large amounts of incoming emails and chat requests
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline is preferred
- Experience in customer service is required
- Native fluency in written and spoken English is required. Second language knowledge is a plus
- Excellent written communication skills are required
- Familiarity with CRM systems like Zendesk is a plus
- Great work ethic and ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- A love for online communities, social media, Asian entertainment, and the tech industry
- Ability to meet with the Singapore team for training during weekdays GMT+08:00
- Flexibility to work during weekends and holidays on a rotational basis during peak seasons
- Have your own computer or laptop available to work remotely
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged