At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As the Engineering Manager of one of our engineering teams, you are part of the Product department and responsible for the development, maintenance, and technical vision of the Jimdo products. You lead a cross-functional team and collaborate with developers, designers, and product management.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or work permanently remotely from any location. Wherever your working location will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
- You manage a cross-functional team and mentor its members in regards to their engineering efforts, collaboration, and personal development
- You are the technical sparring partner of the product owner and help to prioritize topics
- You collaborate with other engineers in the team on code, take part in code reviews, and participate in technical discussions
- You facilitate technical planning and help the team to break down features into technical tasks
- You coordinate team efforts, resolve impediments, and represent the team within the company
- You are responsible for the hiring process for the team and conduct interviews with potential new team members
- You ensure that the team and you are continually learning, improving processes, and strive for efficiency
- You have at least five years experience as a software engineer
- You have 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- You enjoy translating business requirements into technical solutions and can do so in a diverse environment
- You see your job as continually improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
At Jimdo we are ready to start working with new colleagues as soon as possible. Even though we can not do the onboarding process in the office as we normally would, we will still make sure that you get a thorough online and virtual onboarding, and help you feel like you are part of the team from day one. It is not a limitation if you do not live in Germany right now, we will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
Elena will be happy to receive your application.