Posting ID: 5591
Role: Interventionist - Math
Organization: 055 - Dallas - HSI
Posting Opens: 11-03-2020
Posting Closes: Open Until Filled
Primary Purpose: Provide supplemental intervention services, in small group settings, to students who are experiencing academic challenges.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Meet Texas highly qualified standards.
- Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and subject area of assignment (required for ESL/Bilingual, SPED and preferred for other subjects).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to provide educational interventions and progress monitoring
- Utilize an identification rubric to target specific students who need focused, short term intervention that is in addition to what is normally provided at the campus to students.
- Set performance goals for individual students based upon assessment data.
- Develop lessons which target the specific needs of identified students.
- Provide high quality general education instruction to students who need focused, short term intervention in reading, writing and/or mathematics.
- Develop an intervention schedule for identified students based on campus needs.
- Maintain records of interventions and progress monitoring to ensure process fidelity
- Meet with teachers to ensure that lessons for the targeted students are aligned with the classroom curriculum.
- Communicate with campus staff, bilingual central office staff and parents regarding student progress.
- Evaluate student progress.
- As necessary, may provide supplemental intervention services to bilingual students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the district.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the district.
- Ability to organize special programs for assigned campus(es).
- Ability to use computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
Work Environment And Physical Requirements
- Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
- Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
- Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location.
- Moderate travel is required.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Manager at [email protected] or 214-570-1606 ext. 31205.