AM Trace has an immediate opening for a Jr. Epidemiologist to support state and local COVID-19 Contact Tracing programs. Remote Role. No travel required. This position will begin immediately. Candidates must reside within Los Angeles County, California.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation in South Korea, New Zealand and elsewhere.
Professionals across the country have become passionate about helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Compassion and empathy are key traits needed in candidates who are applying for AM Trace opportunities. Nurses, social workers, and those with a public health background are highly encouraged to apply to join our fast paced, dynamic, and remote workforce.
- Provide support to staff with proposal writing, project management and monthly data reporting collation and dissemination.
- Provide programmatic support to project monitoring and evaluation, and epidemiological analysis of program-level infectious disease surveillance data with a focus on generating actionable data for improving force health protection.
- Serve as a point of contact for Senior Epidemiologists with project activities, including: requesting reports, providing feedback on proposals and reports, proposal submissions and assisting with coordination of multi-site surveillance activities.
- Collect, monitor, interpret, and summarize surveillance information and data for the purpose of supporting the data-to-decision initiative and to inform relevant stakeholders.
- Disseminate the results of surveillance summaries and partner resources via reports, briefings, presentations, manuscripts, websites, and other mediums based on target audiences and the guidance of senior team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in science, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biology or MPH/MS in these fields.
- Awareness of work in infectious disease surveillance, detection, prevention and/or response.
- Experience in statistical analysis software packages (i.e., SPSS, Tableau, SAS, STATA).
- Infectious disease case investigation experience (e.g., Ebola, HIV, STD, etc.).
- Possess relevant experience related to the position and an understanding of health and disease.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- 2+ years experience in the field.
- Experience in infectious disease surveillance, detection, prevention, and/or response.
- Experience in summarizing and scientific reporting information to support public health decision-making to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Great communication skills, to include both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with COVID-19 course of illness and related symptoms.
External Company Name: AM LLC
External Company URL: http://www.appliedmemeticsllc.com/