About Juniper Labs
Juniper Labs is an insurance technology startup focused on bringing transparency to small business risks. We help commercial insurers, brokers and other insurtechs more profitably sell to and underwrite the SMB segment. We've developed a suite of APIs that help our customers answer the following questions about small businesses: Who are you? What do you do? How much of it do you do? and Has anything changed? We're working with top insurers and growing quickly.
We are building a culture centered on our values and invite you to join us.
This position is remote based.
At Juniper Labs, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile way (shamelessly stolen from our heroes at Gitlab).
- Holistic ownership of web development and deployment.
- Build intuitive integrations with our data pipelining backend and machine learning services.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the community and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points from the community.
- You are a humble learner who takes ownership of both your own results as well as the growth of those around you.
- You have demonstrated comfort and success in the context of an early-stage startup.
- You have built production-level web applications in a nimble, extensible fashion. Strong preference given to python, and bonus points for Django, React, VueJS, or FastAPI.
- You have demonstrated ability coaching others on how to do your job and enable them to do it better than you could.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with standard cloud compute and deployment frameworks (experience with GCP-backed Kubernetes deployments a plus).
- You can comfortably pinch-hit on data pipelining/ETL tasks.
- Bonus points: Kong, Knative/Istio, Google Pubsub, Google BigQuery, Elasticsearch
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Competitive pay and generous equity
- Fully funded health, vision & dental insurance for you and your family
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote)