McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products.
We’re in an era of unprecedented complexity in healthcare. Patient care is not where it should be. While many of the organizations delivering the care need to get much healthier, too. This is why our vision is to improve care in every setting — one product, one partner, one patient at a time. And we’re making this happen every day by touching virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with biopharma companies, care providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, governments and others to deliver the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the patients who need them, when they need them — safely and cost-effectively.
United by our , our 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
Our ideal Lead Windows System Engineer will require minimal supervision, perform as a senior level technical contributor in multiple phases of system development and design with increasing business systems knowledge in a client server environment to include hardware platforms, operating systems, server services, and network dependencies. Provides 3rd level support for client/server OS. Independently researches and resolves complex technical problems. Manages a time and action calendar and the quality of deliverables. Serve as primary system support for multiple moderately complex information systems. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sets roadmaps and develops plans for existing and new technologies
- Evaluates and tests hardware, OS, applications and makes recommendations on new/upgrades to hardware, OS, and applications.
- Continually seek ways to automate redundant functions to improve quality and efficiencies of tasks
- Acts as lead on large projects for BU’s to provide integrated team support and maintenance of hardware and software as needed in a team environment
- Documents standards, architecture, implementation procedures, and troubleshooting
- Provides technical expertise to BU’s in the development of systems solutions
- When assuming the technical lead role, manages day-to-day project-related activities for complex projects. Produces, drives, and manages project schedules, status, resources, deliverables, issues, risk, and timelines throughout the project with input from the team. Builds team consensus and has responsibility for the execution and final delivery of the project. Conducts post-phase evaluations and communicates “lessons learned” and best practices to management
- Handles required wiring installations, maintenance, and supports equipment hardware and software installations
- Manages customer expectations. Keeps the customer aware of the project status and critical issues and risks. Obtains customer sign off at appropriate checkpoints
- Acts as contact point for vendors during installation, rearrangement and/or removal of equipment
- Keeps management well informed on a timely basis of progress, status, and concerns for each assignment
- Effectively communicates ideas and information to peers, management, and customers
- Responsible for training, mentoring, directing, and validating the work of less experienced/knowledgeable team members
- Member of on call rotation.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- 6-10 years experience with Microsoft Operating Systems
- 6-10 years experience with LAN/WAN/Cloud network technologies
- 6-10 years experience in a 2/3 tier client server application environment
- Advanced experience with Identity Management
- Advanced experience with IT security concepts, vulnerability assessment, and remediation
- Advanced experience with Domain Name management technologies (AD/DNS)
- Advanced experience with multiple scripting technologies with a focus towards automation
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Container technologies
- Experience with VMware Infrastructure
- Experience with Citrix
- Bachelors Degree and/or 6-10 years of experience in computer science, MIS, or related fields
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
- Intermediate level presentation and written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department needs.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!