Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This position is responsible to drive sales and recruit high caliber candidates to ensure key targets and objectives are delivered.
- Establish sales and referral network with local businesses in order to maximize value from connections
- Lead and motivate talents for the development and startup of the agency district
- Ensuring effective motivational measures and programs to achieve objectives
- Implement sales training and orientation program to educate new hires as our operation grows
- Assess the business landscape and institute changes to the Sales & Promotion program
- Develop and ensure the execution of business plans which meet short and long term business objectives
- Manage and monitor the performance of team members to ensure continuous and sustainable growth
- Actively contribute to the overall management of the Agency Distribution area; provide input to and develop recommendations to the distribution strategy
- Manage and execute projects that have impact on the entire Agency Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 8 years working experience preferably in finance or other service industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at supervisory level
- Experience in sales management, promotion, training & development; or other successful senior management experiences
- Demonstrated experience in strategic implementation of distribution strategies would be an advantage
- Demonstrated continuous growth and winning record in career.
Skills & Abilities
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
- Good understanding of business diversity
- Proven ability to prospect, drive the sales process from plan to close
- Basic understanding of insurance product features and design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and management competency
- Strategic mindset, visionary and persistence. Being able to think beyond status quo.
- Good presentation and motivational skills
- Persuasive and able to convey ideas, plus negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to handle conflicts and self-motivated in difficult situations
- Tech-Savvy and advocate of digital tools
- Exceptional command in English and Burmese, both verbal and written
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.