Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within The Delegated Authority And Under The Guidance Of The NCD Coordinator For Myanmar, The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Will Carry Out The Following Tasks
The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen the monitoring and reporting against the national costed action plan for NCDs and of projects funded by The Defeat-NCD Partnership Fund. The incumbent will be responsible to support collection and use of high-quality data in project evaluations, provide technical advice on project planning, data collection methods, data analysis, data quality assurance, result-based management, and compiling regular reports on various projects funded by The Defeat-NCD Partnership Fund.
- Establish an effective M&E system for the delivery of Defeat-NCD Fund and implementing partners' results.
- Provide technical support to the different funded projects in identifying baseline, targets and indicators for specific interventions; synergize the integration and incorporation into related workplans, ensuring alignment with Defeat-NCD Funds outcomes and outputs.
- Facilitate the monitoring of the technical programmes, design methodologies, risk management matrices, tools, and indicators for monitoring the implementation of projects and operations; evaluating the quality of outputs including the management, coordination, effectiveness and action plans to inform programme direction for NCD prevention and control in the country.
- Prepare periodic reports based on analysis of project activities and progress towards targets and measurable indicators, provide quality assurance of project reports, project proposals, and other project documents.
- Provide support to the project teams in compiling reports, improving their data quality, indicator-based reporting and analysis of trends and the achievement of project objectives/outcomes.
- Determine the data information elements that are required internally and externally to support the NCD coordination and decision-making in country; ensuring its reliability, validity and accuracy that feeds programme performance monitoring, and that data and results are included in various reports; country studies and knowledge sharing products.
- Build and strengthen national capacities for monitoring and evaluation of different NCD projects, through conducting needs assessment, defining training needs, develop strategies to achieve targets and facilitate implementation of training activities.
- Design standardized methods for knowledge and liaise with WHO and other professional M&E knowledge networks to identify innovations and lessons learned that may be relevant for the country and partners to improve their M&E functions.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Master's degree or equivalent in public health, information management, international development, sciences, public or business administration from an accredited and recognized academic institution is required.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels, in providing management advisory services and in design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects.
- Experience in managing reporting and evaluations for healthcare programmes.
- Experience in defining health indicators and data collection for them.
- Relevant work experience in at least two of the following areas: project planning, project management, project evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in public health, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Knowledge in using project management tool Asana (https://asana.com) on a daily basis is required for this assignment. Certification as an Asana Certified Pros (https://academy.asana.com/series/certified-pro-courses) or Asana Ambassador (https://academy.asana.com/series/asana-ambassador-courses) is preferred. Completion of relevant courses on Asana Academy (https://academy.asana.com) in order to enrol on the Asana Ambassador programme is required within one month of starting this assignment.
- UNITAR prefers the volunteer to be self-sufficient and arrange to be equipped with the requisite professional tools and equipment to carry out this assignment such as laptop with standard Adobe and Microsoft Office software, and a mobile phone.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Burmese(Optional), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Monitoring and evaluation Driving license: No Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile .
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Myanmar and legal residents in Myanmar with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 29 November 2020