About The Opportunity
Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director for ongoing and potential USAID-funded media support projects in Myanmar. The M&E Director reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and collaborates with Regional M&E Manager in Bangkok to design and manage monitoring and evaluation of programs. The M&E Director will work with the Program Officers to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on M&E.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure the project achieves its goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews' M&E staff, and local partners to design and implement Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan to capture project performance and results
- Lead results reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports as appropriate
- Use data to contribute towards strategic decision making and project planning
- Provide M&E capacity building training to relevant staff and local partners
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and partners and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly.
- Responsible for collecting, verifying, and reporting M&E data in compliance with USAID's and Internews' data quality standards
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way.
- Monitor, review and ensure the quality of M&E data from Key Partners, mentors, grantees, and technical specialists.
- Input all required training and M&E data into USAID's online systems as required by the project agreement.
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan.
- Assist the Chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines. Work closely with project and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
- Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews' and donor standards for quality, detail and clarity.
- Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target countries/partners promptly and accurately.
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews' internal standards in conjunction with other project staff as required.
- Understanding of and demonstrating commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values .
Qualifications We're Looking For
- At least 5 years professional experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Proven expertise in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems. Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID's framework and reporting system.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Experience with relevant M&E software, such as Excel, SPSS, Stata In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, teambuilding, and coordination.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in Myanmar preferred
- Fluency in English and solid English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target countries.
- Bachelor's degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education. Master's degree and/or professional training in M&E preferred.
Please apply through our Careers page .