As the Executive Assistant to our Chief Executive Officer, you will play an integral role as you leverage your high degree of confidence, integrity, and professionalism. We look for you to bring initiative and resourcefulness while you balance vital responsibilities. In this role your primary mission will be to provide best-in-class executive support which involves a wide variety of duties that are critical to ensuring smooth and seamless business processes.
The day-to-day responsibilities cover the administrative duties required for a deeply busy and visible executive.
Roles & Responsibilities
- A good Executive Assistant is like an air traffic controller, acting as a second brain for the CEO.
- You can master the CEO’s calendar and ensure he stays on track and business needs are addressed. This involves being a gatekeeper for the CEO’s time and energy.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to be well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place, with the goal of having the CEO focus on mission critical activities.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with partners, Senior Management, and others, on matters related to CEO's initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles tasks expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Represents the CEO in designated meetings as required.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Will handle matters in the CEO’s non-work life to ensure he can focus on Coinberry.
- Willing and able to work in the time zone of the CEO (EST, based in Toronto, Canada).
- Proofread documents for spelling and grammar with perfect English.
- Perform minor accounting and bookkeeping duties.
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team as required.
Are you a polished Executive Assistant who possesses exceptional attention to detail, integrity, and a positive attitude? If you are an experienced administrative professional who thrives in an exciting, dynamic environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Who You Are
- You are an excellent problem-solver.
- You can easily shift focus whenever unplanned tasks are assigned.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A ‘can-do’ perspective is imperative, the ability to simply ‘get-things-done’ under ambiguous, time constrained, high-pressure circumstances routinely.
- Able to quickly gain an understanding of the executive’s style and adapt your own style to accommodate it.
- You have a deep sense of integrity and handle highly sensitive business and human resources communications, data and other information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to establish relationships of strong communication and network within the management team.
- Resilient, able to diplomatically and constructively, but firmly, ensure objectives are met.
- Able to quickly obtain information needed to move forward with a specific need/objective.
- You should be able to communicate effectively with C-level executives, employees, and high-level clients with dexterity, respect, and composure. You can strongly present yourself as a representative of the CEO’s office and Coinberry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly relative to needs, questions, goals, etc. Must be direct in asking for clarification, guidance, opinions etc. of the executive to ensure accurate delivery on commitments, scheduling needs, meeting set-up, etc.
- Able to act independently, operating on accurate details and excellent judgment.
- Able to identify and leverage other resources within the business to clarify needs, delegate tasks, etc. to keep a very busy desk operating smoothly and efficiently.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must be available for occasional after-hour support, often working more than 40-hours a week and being available on weekends.
What Sets You Apart
- Directly meaningful experience supporting the C-Suite executives of a startup company, ideally more than 5 years contiguous experience.
- Cryptocurrency knowledge would be an asset (but we can always teach you all you need to know).
- Financial, Fintech or Technology Industry background is a plus.
- Understands the business culture of Western startups.
Perks and Benefits