Job Position: Senior Associate - Global Events
Job Location: Singapore (Remote Flexibility)
Reports To: VP of Growth OR Head of People and Operations
Who We Are:
Barclay Street Ventures is New York/New Jersey based rapidly growing Venture Capital and Private Equity firm. We are early stage technology investor and primarily focusing on investing in three core areas – AI, FinTech, and Marketplaces. As we are building growth momentum and adding new companies to our portfolio, we are seeking to add a Senior Associate for managing global events.
As a Senior Associate for Global Events, you will be responsible for supporting a number of different event programs focused on Entrepreneurs and Executives type of audiences. You are highly motivated with a “can-do” attitude to assist our organisation in hosting global events (Online/Onsite) that enhance our brand and build credibility among targeted audiences. As part of Deals Sourcing program, we are taking a number of strategic and tactical initiatives including Operational Wisdom Program, Technology Entrepreneurship Program, FinTech Event, and AI Event. Ideal candidate will play a key role in driving end to end event programs associated with its core objectives.
As a Senior Associate, you will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning and managing our event’s calendar, negotiating quotes and agreement with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes, budget, and networking. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying successful completion of the event.
The ideal candidate for this role should have exceptional organisational abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, multi-tasking and time management skills. In addition, candidate should have managed Online/Onsite events with audiences ranging from 100 to 1500.
- You will provide the event management and leadership to all assigned programs and will ensure successful delivery of it
- You will leverage your expertise for developing and maintaining the event project plans and objectives, including master timeline and budget
- An ideal candidate will also support all post event activities to include post event debrief meetings, event surveys, and final complete reports
- You will also engage in recruiting event speakers by targeting executives, seasoned speakers, and domain specific leaders
- You will handle allocated budget, invoicing, liaison duties, and negotiation aspects with vendors
- You will coordinate with HR, admin, digital marketing teams, and external audience to drive better outcomes of events
- Ensure the events are completed smoothly and step up with resolution strategy in case of any difficulties related to the event
- Min 3 to 5 years of experience with events program management, preferably executive or CxO types of events
- Proven experience engaging and developing collaborative relationships with a broad range of audience and stakeholders and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- When travel resumes to normal (Post Covid) and when required, you must be comfortable to travel to/within North America, Israel, Dubai, Singapore, and India
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to consolidate and articulate multiple concepts into a concise, easily understood format
- It will be helpful if you have managed technology focused events with targeted audience of executives, leaders and entrepreneurs
- Experience with any event management tools is helpful; highly skilled with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint and some experience with Salesforce is useful
- Extremely well organized, with an eye for detail combined with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Bachelor degree in Public Relations, Communications or Hospitality is preferred
Note: We do not anticipate to run any onsite event until current pandemic ends. All events will be managed virtually for time-being.
Pay: Excellent Pay (Above Market Rate) + Bonus Eligibility
To learn more about our firm, please visit https://www.barclaystreetvc.com