Senior Customer Success Manager
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
Our Customer Success team’s mission is to drive successful and timely adoption of Voltaiq software at our customers in order to maximize customer value and ensure contract renewals and growth. You will guide customers along their journey through deployment, training, workflow analysis, best practice adoption, and KPI evaluation. You’ll build close relationships with both Voltaiq end users and business stakeholders within customer organizations, in order to understand customer challenges and deliver solutions that provide value at every level. You’ll interface closely with our sales, Applications Engineering and Product teams to ensure customer needs are met. This role requires technical acumen, as well as excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. You’ll be an early member of a small and growing team, with significant opportunity for advancement within the company. This position reports to the Vice President of Customer Success.
- Lead engagements with our customers, managing complex and timely implementations, serving as the central point of communication around project status, progress toward milestone dates and status of project issues and risks.
- Develop solid, trusted customer relationships and grow them over time.
- Become a trusted, strategic advisor to our customers, helping them identify, quantify and achieve their goals.
- Responsible for reporting progress towards goals to customer stakeholders at quarterly delivery meetings.
- Empower our customers to become experts with the Voltaiq platform and transfer the knowledge you create while solving their problems.
- Work closely with our customers and our Applications Engineering to understand customer workflows to identify process improvements.
- Identify and surface customer pain points and requirements to the Product team for inclusion in roadmap planning.
- Partner with the Voltaiq sales team to craft account and program strategies that will deepen customer relationships and drive incremental business opportunity.
- Ensure ongoing customer service, technical, and other support is delivered effectively across the portfolio of clients.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time, effectively prioritizing your own efforts and those of other team members.
- Monitor and ensure customer success, including health, usage metrics, and user surveys.
- Up to 30% travel for customer meetings and industry events (Travel is currently paused due to the pandemic).
- 3 or more years of customer-facing and project management experience in strategic account management, management consulting, strategy, or other relevant experience, ideally in a rapidly-paced top-tier consulting firm, services, or technology-related environment.
- You have demonstrated success working directly with clients, including developing account strategy and building senior level relationships.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers or partners, managing multi-month implementations, development projects, or large-scale rollouts.
- BS or BA in Materials Science, Engineering, Environmental Policy or related field; MBA or other relevant advanced degree strongly preferred.
- You are analytical, yet creative.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and proven ability to work with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong organization skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests, a strong sense of how to motivate others, and an uncanny ability to “get things done.”
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment.
- Passion for Energy, with a grasp of basic concepts (current, potential, energy, charge, power).
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits. Our main office is located in downtown Berkeley, CA.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.
project management|customer service