Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $2B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $83M to date, is based in Oakland, CA and Dallas,TX with approximately 200 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join our established, small but quickly growing company, working on a wide range of data projects in close collaboration with other data engineers, data scientists, and data analysts in an integrated Data Team. We use a modern all-cloud data stack including Airflow, Docker, DBT, Python, Snowflake, Tableau, Sigma, and our old friend SQL.
If you thrive in a team environment, are willing to pitch in wherever needed to help the team succeed, are passionate about data and excited about empowering users with data to drive decision making, Roofstock is the place for you.
What you will do:
- Improve and maintain the data infrastructure
- Design, implement and deploy, scalable, fault-tolerant pipelines that ingest, and refine large diverse (structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets) into simplified accessible data models in production
- Built departmental data-marts for supporting analytics across the company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data flows and processes to enable design and creation of the best possible solutions to each engineering challenge
- Provide quality data solutions in a timely manner and be responsible for data governance and integrity while meeting objectives and maintaining SLAs
- Build tools and fundamental data sets that encourage self-service
What you bring with you:
- BS or MS in a technical field: computer science, engineering or similar
- 8+ years professional experience working with both relational and analytical databases (preferably SQL Server, PostgresSQL, Snowflake)
- 5+ years professional experience in building robust data pipelines (beyond simple API pulls) and writing ETL/ELT code (SSIS, Informatica, python code, shell scripts, complex SQL)
- 3+ years of experience working with Airflow, AWS/Azure
- Expert understanding of the SDLC, data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling
- Advanced skills related to database management, administration and security
- Experience building and deploying data-related infrastructure (messaging, storage, compute, transform, execution via docker, and/or CI/CD pipelines across dev/stage/prod)
- Experience in DBT is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.