Great opportunity to join an early-stage, high-growth startup and change lives!
Imagine a world where you could get the best services and products in wellness delivered to you with the tap of a button. That’s what we’re building at Blys.
We are on a mission to improve the quality of life and overall happiness for people around the world by providing easy access to wellness & self-care. We bring the best practitioners to your door, by seamlessly connecting you to qualified & independent professionals in wellness, fitness and beauty.
This also means empowering practitioners to create flexible, safe and reliable income opportunities for themselves who earn millions of dollars every year through our platform.
With over 15,000 5-star ratings and a community of 100,000 customers, Blys is the #1 on-demand booking platform for wellness services in Australia and New Zealand.
We've achieved amazing things and had incredible growth to date, but we’re only beginning. We are now looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to take charge of our tech, build out new features and establish a strong and scalable technical foundation for the future.
With alumni from Freelancer, eBay, Canva, Booking.com and The Iconic, you’ll be surrounded by a driven and experienced team of product and engineering talent, and help execute an ambitious product roadmap and company goals.
We’re a young, rapidly growing company with a great culture and opportunity to grow.
About The Role
- Collaborate with the internal teams to spec out and build new features end-to-end
- Lead technical and architectural conversations to meet product requirements
- Help us scale our platform to handle loads of up to 1 million users
- Be the internal champion of developing and shipping high quality code into production, on time
- Write unit-tests for new features and debug and resolve problems quickly and accurately
- Help us build an amazing engineering culture - driving standards for quality and efficiency
- Help us build a world-class engineering team - work with the HR team to recruit and retain the best engineers whilst mentoring the up-and-coming stars of our engineering team
- You have 5+ years hands-on experience in building scalable modern software products
- You are passionate about the startup life - you love building things from ground up and you’re comfortable in a high-paced high-growth environment (we ship multiple times a day)
- You have hands-on experience with our stack: Node, React JS + Native, MySQL, as well as cloud infrastructure (AWS preferably) and continuous delivery
- You can articulate technical problems in simple terms and communicate clearly
- You value simplicity in both your code and user interfaces
- You’re passionate about high-quality programming and building scalable software products that people love using
- You're product-minded - you have a good sense of user experience and an ability to breakdown complex features into small tasks
- You’re self-starter and resourceful - you figure things out independently and get stuff done
- You’re an outstanding communicator (both verbal and written) and thrive in a team environment
- Fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Mission-led company - we want to change the world
- World-class team - be part of a young and dynamic team of A+ players
- Rewarding work - interesting & challenging problems to solve
- Fun & open culture - we love having fun, learning new things and helping each other excel
- Positive company outlook - well-funded, profitable and growing fast
- Significant influence on company direction and performance - working closely with an experienced founding team
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Fully flexible location (remote)
- Balanced and flexible work hours with 20+ days paid holiday leave
- Fun team events including annual company trips (when allowed)
- A chance to make a real IMPACT on 100,000+ actual customers - your work will change lives!
Hiring process & next steps
If this is you, we want to hear from you! Hit the apply button below (strictly no agencies)
Our Hiring Process Is
- Application review - a copy of your sample work or GitHub is highly appreciated!
- Phone interview - to get to know more about each other and see if there's a good match!
- Take-home coding task - something short and simple to see your coding style and expertise with required tech
- Technical interview with our Engineers - of course, we'll deep dive into your tech expertise and for you to get to know more your teammates.
- Final interview with our CEO - final chemistry check and more information about our product, values & culture.
- If successful, we formalise with a permanent full-time contract and welcome you to the Blys fam!