Cerego is building an educational technology company and changing the way people learn. Our adaptive learning platform measures and improves how people learn and how they are able to reach their full potential.
We are creating personalized learning and training experiences for our partners—who include publishers, online course providers, innovative academic institutions, businesses, and technology companies—that help people acquire and retain knowledge more efficiently. We’re technologists, designers, and engineers who are transforming the learning experience for everyone and pursuing our work with imagination and resourcefulness.
Join this growing company with 1M+ learners to be a valuable part of a great team and make a visible difference.
We’re seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Cerego team. We're fully remote, with many of us based in the SF Bay Area, and are open to candidates from anywhere! The ideal candidate will be interested in working up and down the web stack, being product-focused, and architecting and implementing new features for our web app. We use Ruby on Rails for our API and React/AngularJS for front-end.
In this position, your software development expertise will assist in successfully building new features and improving our product. Our transparent and collaborative culture means we work both independently and together as a team on projects in an agile environment. This role will include front-end, back-end, and some infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Familiar with common best-practice software design patterns and principles, such as object-oriented programming, event-based programming, and proper data structure usage
- Experience creating and maintaining testable, scalable API endpoints - especially with common backend web frameworks like Ruby on Rails
- Willingness for pairing and collaboration on software development, feature implementation, and follow-through
- Ability to gain an understanding of the infrastructure needed to host and deploy new features
- Lifelong learning and interest in education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to excel both in a team and individually
Nice to Have
- UI/UX experience, product focused thinking - ability to iterate and plan for new features
- Full Health benefits (e.g. medical, dental, health and vision Insurance)