Are you a seasoned engineer, with a breadth of experience in building & shipping products? Do you have high standards when it comes to what good code is and what it takes to build high-quality, fault-tolerant software? Are you ready to own the codebase of a full-blown enterprise product, act as a technical lead for it and take it from stormy waters into more clear ones? If so, then this job is for you.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be primarily responsible for resolving customer issues relative to system outages and defects. Outside of standard daily tasks, you will drive the cost optimization projects (i.e. automating processes where possible) and working through setting up the new infrastructure for future opportunities with our product offerings.
Senior Network Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Hands-on technical work including coding
- Becoming the go-to expert on products they are assigned to and maintaining architecture documents
- Upholding high standards on fundamental data structures, algorithms, and architectural best practices
- Leveraging teams of Engineers to build new features and fix software defects
- 10+ years overall in Telecom / Data-center management
- 5+ years with system administration and visualization
- 2+ years in a support role
Additional Experience Preferred (some But Not All Are Required)
- MPLS Networking Support (Cisco ISR)
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Storage Area Networking
- Citrix Load Balancers
- Certificate Management on Cisco, Citrix and other servers / Services (Apache Tomcat, IIS)
- Telecoms Signalling Support (Network Architecture)
- HP Server Support
- VMware ESXi
- VPN and firewall administration
- IBM AIX Support & Administration
- OpenVMS Support & Administration
- P2V and V2V management experience
- CCIE Desirable (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert)
- RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
- HP Certifications Desirable (HP Admin etc)
- BA in Information Technology / Computer Science
- AWS Management / Migration experience
ZephyrTel is serving the telecommunications industry worldwide with an extensive portfolio of cloud solutions for mobile, infrastructure, retail and customer experience. We are growing at a sustained pace and continuously extending our telco product range with new acquisitions. In doing that, we are committed to a remote, work-from-anywhere workforce model.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from our partners at Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3576-MM-Naypyida-SeniorNetworkE