Thank you for your interest in Rainforest. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority.
Rainforest's mission is to enable quality to just happen. We are driven to create new ways for software engineers around the world to deliver exceptional product experiences and spend less time worrying about the time consuming task of quality assurance testing.
Through a combination of both machine learning and crowd-sourced human testers Rainforest provides an automated product offering which doesn’t replace the important human aspect of Quality Assurance but rather works to shorten the feedback loop of the testing life-cycle itself.
Design at Rainforest
A product designer’s role at Rainforest is best described as someone who continues to champion how we create quality products and great user experiences, and through the synthesis of business and engineering, ensure that we are always focusing on the right problems.
Currently our product team is incredibly small, so we do not have explicit product owner or management roles. This means that senior team members, which includes designers, are expected to be comfortable with ambiguity and are open to defining a project’s priorities and measurements for success.
For this role you would be reporting to our Chief Operating Officer while working in close collaboration with our Lead Designer (who operates on UTC +10).
- Work cross-functionally with Leadership and Customer Success teams to identify opportunities in our product, through research and ideation.
- Own the entire design process from large projects to small fixes.
- Periodically own the strategy, outcome and management of projects. Translating high-level initiatives into measurable scopes to ensure success over time.
- Talk directly to customers to learn about their unique pain-points and individual goals.
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure the delivery of high quality features.
- Collaborate with other designers, to create, publish and scale the Rainforest Design System.
- Aid in establishing the culture and values of an early design team.
- You have 4+ years experience working on B2B web applications, especially related to Software Development.
- You have a product design-focused portfolio which displays an acute attention to detail.
- You have past experience with product or project management.
- You have worked at a start up or with distributed teams.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills; can explain design ideas, decisions and process to anyone in the company.
- You are comfortable being upfront with your weaknesses while striving to improve
- Competitive salary with equity.
- A locally-adjusted weekly allowance for lunches.
- A locally-adjusted monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Unlimited paid-time off.
- 3 company off-sites per year to bond with your team and explore exciting destinations around the world.
United States Residents Only:
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
About The Company
We are a truly distributed team, spanning across Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America (our headquarters is in San Francisco). Culturally we implore each other to champion our belief that life is about more than work and that we are all responsible in fostering a culture which can support a team with a diverse set of lifestyle options.
No BS, No Ego—We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
1% Better Every Day— Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
Own the Journey—We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our tribal journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our tribe’s success.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a globally-distributed company, one of our largest negative externalities is travel, specifically air travel. As such, we calculated our annual carbon emissions at 203.59 tonnes of CO2 and paid to offset it until September 26th 2020.