The Foods category is fast growing category in Unilever, especially in SEA region which is a key strategic region for Foods division. Growth through innovation is at the heart of the Foods Strategy and also country strategy.
The role of the CCBT R&D Leader is to act as the business partner for the Foods CCBT in the assigned country. The role will act as key R&D contact for the business and will liaise with the relevant Cluster R&D Design teams and also with Global R&D Design teams (whenever required) to ensure relevant product technologies are identified and developed to meet the needs of the business and deliver a relevant, differentiated, and holistic product experience to our consumers.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The CCBT R&D Leader role will play an important role to drive growth for this market.
The key job role is to be the R&D lead representative in the country, partnering with the business, and leading the Foods R&D team.
Specifically, Key Roles Will Include
- Designated R&D partner representing wider R&D community
- First point of call for any country activity that requires R&D input
- Responsible and accountable to deliver agreed total R&D program in the country in close partnership with Cluster/Global Design R&D. Resources deployed on innovation agenda through agreed gatekeeping principles, allowing fast tracking of low risk/low complexity projects
- Work (R&D design and deployment) happens wherever most optimal skills and insights sit (internal or external). CCBT R&D lead accountable for agreed work done OTIF
The role is based in SEA countries and will report to the Cluster Design/Cluster CCBT Director and will have accountability to at least one WL1 resource based in country.
The main accountabilities of the R&D CCBT Leader will cover the following:
- Be the voice of technology in the CCBT. Help identify new trends and technology opportunities and ensure good practice ‘Lift & Shift’ from wider R&D community
- Ensure OTIF delivery of R&D elements of agreed total brand innovation plan (70:20:10) and agreed 5S saving and simplification plans; own innovation agenda together with Marketing and SC
- Lead ’70’ in-market deployment in partnership with Design & Cluster Deploy organization
- Lead ‘20/10’ program for the country in line with gate keeping guidelines and innovation rules
- For local projects, be on the gate keeping team for R&D from charter onwards
- With SC/Procurement and Cluster Design R&D define the most appropriate place for the R&D work to be done (internal/external) and manage external work according to Agile Outsourcing framework
- R&D partner for business maintenance such as ensuring regulatory compliance, issue management, competitor challenges, relevant industry engagement and advocacies, etc.
- Support to Quality and Consumer complaint management (Lead with SC)
- With Marketing, champion Selling Stories (KBS) and product activation with consumers and customers. Drive deep channel understanding and identify relevant growth opportunities using full product portfolio
- Lead and manage the Foods R&D team (internal resource, at least 1 WL1 FTE as well as external partners or resources tapped to support the program).
- Graduate degree in relevant Science or Technology courses.
- Business Administration units or degree (e.g. MBA) is ideal but not necessary.
- Proven track record in managing projects as a TPL (Technical Project Leader) and delivering with speed and consistently high standards of work and results.
- Broad range of R&D experiences across the organization (Global, Cluster/Local) is ideal. Strong exposure and engagement to business teams and cross-functional teams is key.
- Must have very good communication and influencing skills. Must be fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Must show ability to work in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
Must be open to occasional travel as needed (e.g. inter-country, international)
Myanmar-Yangon-Yangon-Unilever Myanmar HQ