EBANX is a global fintech that emerged in 2012 with the mission of connecting companies to Latin America, facilitating payments on international sites such as Aliexpress, Airbnb, Sony, Spotify, and many others. As we grew, our portfolio also expanded and we went beyond payment methods. Today we offer solutions in local processing for Brazilian companies and different products and services for our final consumers. We are called ebankers and we are changing the way people buy, connect, and live globally. Do you want to join our Big Dream and be part of this team?
You will work in a team of experienced developers and be responsible for maintaining a platform that processes millions of transactional requests every day. We cultivate an engineering culture that values and promotes sustainable quality, continuous delivery, high availability, quick feedback, and meritocracy.
As an EBANX developer you will be responsible for:
- Writing and testing code in an incremental, agile, and well-documented way;
- Doing thorough code-reviews and help your teammates with complex designs and architectural decisions;
- Testing and following your code to production continuously;
- Developing new tools to help and ease all of your team's work;
- Interacting with colleagues of different departments like Product, Finance, Risk, and Expansion;
- Working on strategic projects for EBANX;
- Evolving and deciding the future of our payments platform;
- A system of high availability (+ 99.9%) and with high throughput (100+ TPS), written in PHP, and MySQL (yes, it is possible :smile:). Don't know PHP? No problems, the important thing is to master the basics
What is indispensable for the job?
- Proved experience of at least 5 years elaborating, implementing and deploying software solutions to production; the stack is not relevant, we are ready to teach it to new teammates if necessary;
- Interest in subjects like data structures, concurrence, persistence, and distributed systems;
- Expertise in git or any other collaborative version control system;
- A vision for software quality, the evolution of systems, decomposition of problems and abstractions;
- A great ability to learn new practices, technologies, programming languages, and absorbing engineering culture;
- Advanced English (read, write and speak);
What we would love to see in you?
- Passion for software, you go to sleep and wake up thinking about how to make that part of the system more elegant or efficient;
- Fluent English, we have customers from all around the world and it is commonplace for us helping, supporting and writing specifications with them;
- Specialty while developing software in any complementary area to our core business, such as systems that manage the great volume of data, specialized development platforms, infrastructure automation, services provisioning, real-time systems, fail tolerant systems and mission-critical systems;
- Experience with computer networks, latency, package loss, routing optimization, monitoring, and solving problems;
- Full knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Test infected: you don't even remember how to code without a very extensive test coverage;
- Domain in at least one functional or logic programming language -- besides SQL ;)
- Knows how to think of concurrency problems and has already worked in distributed and asynchronous systems;
- Knowledge of data replication and conciliation;
What are we going to offer so you can do an amazing job?
- Our HQ is in Curitiba, but in this position, you could work from wherever you want.
- A very sustainable work rhythm: 40 weekly hours of an accelerated but not frenetic rhythm - no marathons or all-nighters;
- The best tools money can buy so you can be productive in your work: Macbook, Jetbrains licenses, Slack, Github, TravisCI, NewRelic, amongst others;
- Deep and fast code reviews for any of you pull requests - You will also do a lot of them :)
- Constant discussions about our practices and systems, everybody that wants to speak out is always heard and we are always open to new ideas, practices, and tools;
- You will be free to spend part of your time improving our systems and implementing quality features that make us more efficient or less error-prone;
- Frequent, fair, and transparent performance evaluations. All developers are evaluated with the same system and get the same career development opportunities;
- A challenging environment, with opportunities to grow;
- Casual office and dress code;
- Spanish, English and Portuguese classes in-company;
- WAVES - Program of goals and results (variable compensation);
- EBANX Play - Wellness (Gympass, e-Sports, SESC );
- Semi-flexible hours (8 hours a day - Monday to Friday);
- Meal Allowance (R$30,00/day);
- Transportation voucher;
- EBANX Education: scholarship (R$400,00/month);
- EBANX Skills: budget for workshops and courses (R$400,00/month);
- Hello ebanker: psychology, finance, and legal orientation.
- Zen Space for massages 2x per month;
- Health and Dental Insurance (Bradesco Top Nacional);
- Blue Club: Exclusive discount for ebankers in bakeries, restaurants, courses, electronics stores, and more!
Follow us on Instagram and look for the hashtag #ebanxlife to learn more about EBANX's culture.