For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the first network intelligence platform for visibility, performance and security specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
About the role
Our platform ingests hundreds of billions of records and serves hundreds of thousands of queries for our users each day. You will gain experience building a production quality, high performance server-and-client SaaS application that handles uniquely high volumes of data.
We have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as a high level of independence and autonomy.
What to expect in this role
- A high degree of autonomy in developing state-of-the-art UIs
- Work with engineering leadership to enhance the design and architecture of our product offerings
- Participating in peer code review
- Daily collaboration with your team, engineering leaders, and product managers
- Regular collaboration with other development teams and our technical operations group
Our Current Tech Stack
- React, MobX, Highcharts, d3, and Mapbox
- Node.js, Express, and Bookshelf/Knex
- PostgreSQL, MySQL and Redis
What you bring
- Passion for pixel perfect, highly interactive user experiences
- The ability to efficiently debug and solve issues
- Deep experience with React, HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization
- Experience with production Node.js (express)
- A solid understanding of SQL syntax, especially with PostgreSQL and MySQL
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
Kentik brings together talented, dedicated and fun individuals from all over the world. Innovation after innovation, we collaborate across teams to continue to set the industry high-bar for network intelligence. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kentik values diversity and inclusion and strives to make an impact well beyond our networking community. We offer highly competitive salaries, first-rate perks and benefits, and the chance to work at one of today's fastest-growing networking startups.
In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in joining the Kentik team and the UI Engineering team in particular.