Our US based business creates and publishes horror stories to scare horror lovers all over the world.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, hard-working, highly organized and a problem-solver to work on moderating, engaging and growing our social media presence. This includes our Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook page and YouTube channel.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone to really develop and progress their social media marketing skills and take on more responsibility as we grow.
We have lots of great things in the pipeline, and you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in everything including creating engaging content, social media marketing, Facebook ads, reddit ads, email marketing, and YouTube marketing.
Support will be provided when you first start working with us, including training in how to do each thing you work on. That said, we are looking for self-starters who are able to think and operate independently.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Exciting full-time social media management role, with a chance to work on exciting projects, prove your value, learn new skills and make good money. All work is fully remote - so you can work from anywhere.
This is suitable for someone hard-working, who really wants to learn and grow, develop their skills, prove themselves and take on more responsibility.
You’ll be learning a lot. You won’t ever be comfortable just coasting along. This is a demanding role, with tons of support to help you improve your skills.
You will be expected to take responsibility for studying marketing techniques to improve your skills every day. You will have access to top-of-the-line online training resources, coaching from the Operations Manager and the CEO, and the chance to actually do the work, make some mistakes and learn from experience.
If you had been working for us in the last couple of weeks these are a sample of some of the tasks you would have done:
• Discovered and scheduled content for our social media channels (FB Page, FB Group, IG, Pinterest)
• Used Canva or equivalent to create new content for our social media channels
• Analyzed SMM data to identify trends and guide future content
• Engaged and responded to inquiries on our paid ads
• Designed questions and posts to engage our Facebook group members
• Run contests and delivered prizes to the Facebook group
• Reviewed social media analytics then implemented recommendations to optimize our social media channels
• Reported current SMM metrics and recommendations to CEO
• Finished a course or training video and learned something new about a platform
Tasks will be set up in our project management system, and need to be ticked off there so we can keep track of what has been done.
We have detailed processes written up for how to do some of these jobs, and others need figuring out. Whenever there is a task that involves figuring something out you will be expected to study how to do it, come up with options and get approval before implementing it.
Salary is negotiable dependent on your experience. We can pay between $600 per month to $1100 per month, paid on an hourly basis. We’ll also pay your 13th month. There are opportunities for promotion.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in Social Media and Community Management. And if you're already more experienced and highly skilled for this role, then we're willing to pay the higher end of the salary range.
40 hours per week. This is a full-time position. We use Time Doctor across the company for time tracking and payroll.
There will be a 1-month trial period for the role to check that we are a good match for each other (fully paid of course).
We need someone who is/has:
• Excellent Written English - You will be supporting our customers and representing us as a publishing company so excellent written English skills are essential.
• High Attention to Detail - With direction, you will have significant autonomy to write and post information online to our website, social media channels and to our customers directly. You must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to accurately proof your own work.
• Experienced with Social Media and Community Management- The greater your passion for social media the easier this position will be as you will be spending most of your days in our channels
• Extremely Organized – there are hundreds of tasks involved in building an automated marketing engine, and you’ll need to be able to manage all of these tasks and make sure nothing gets missed
• Hard-Working – we don’t mess around here. We get a lot done very quickly. You will need to as well.
• Intelligent and good at figuring things out – there are lots of problems to solve when you’re working in online marketing. You will be expected to try and figure out the options before asking for advice.
• Excellent with Data Analytics – You’ll be expected to gather data and come up with recommendations on how to improve engagement and conversions on our channels
• Comfortable working with time tracking software. Our team is located around the world and Time Doctor is our system for time tracking and payroll.
• Likes to have a laugh - we mess around quite a lot as well as working hard
The CEO is currently based in Bali, Indonesia and has the same time zone as Manila.
Weekday Availability: Available to work 8 hours between 7am and 9pm Manila Time (you can choose where in that 14 hour window you want your 8 hours to be). More overlap will be required during the training period to coordinate and grant software access, etc.
Weekend Availability: Because we’re running ads 24/7, there may be 1-2 hours of work on the weekends to respond to any ad inquires (as necessary)
Scare Street creates and publishes horror stories to scare horror lovers all over the world.
We’re a really fun, fast-moving company. We work hard, and we reward our staff well for doing a good job.
We're pretty serious when we're working, and very silly the rest of the time.
HOW TO APPLY
Go to https://forms.gle/Xth35hmL6PDPCsWa9
and complete the form.
We look forward to hearing from you.