Rakuten Travel Xchange is a hotel distribution service providing travel retailers around the world with easy access to hotel rates and inventories through a single source. Travel businesses will be able to manage their entire hotel inventory needs from a single API connection, via a tailored web portal or template solutions, or its Travel Agent Portal, without spending valuable resources on integrating multiple supply partners.
The main tools we leverage for our Accommodation API include Golang, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, and Jenkins. This enterprise solution requires back-end engineers with a keen eye for efficiency, consistency and simplicity in code, and an ability able to collaborate with others to identify the best solution to complex problems are attributes of our team that allow us to stay ahead of our competition.
As a Software Engineer on our API team, you will be tasked with code creation, code reviewing, following and advising on code standards, and integrating software solutions while working with the latest technologies, methodologies and frameworks.
- Remote - Compensation in line with local market conditions.
- Design, develop and deploy application projects with cross-functional team members
- Be actively involved in the full cycle of software development from planning to implementation, as well as maintenance and support of the current and / or new applications
- Work on improving the design and architecture of current applications and exploring new innovations with cutting edge technologies or languages such as Golang
- Participate in code and design reviews to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of the application
- Well-versed in various areas of back-end functionality
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience on large scale software projects
- Experience developing web services or Software as a Service products with stateless horizontal scaling and event-driven architecture.
- Good understanding of the Golang programming language and database management.
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience using various technologies like APIs, Microservices, Kubernetes, SQL, Golang, gRPC, MessagePack, Streaming.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.