We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Services Team at StockX.
The Services Team is responsible for powering the StockX experience across different platforms by providing a scalable and reliable set of microservices that implement our core business functionality. We utilize cutting edge tools and platforms such as Node.js, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS to handle our massive growth.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we're just getting started.
- Design, build, and evolve microservices used by StockX web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end engineers to build scalable services
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Debug and monitor production systems
- Help define the way we work in the future including coding and design standards
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Strong professional experience and understanding of data storage, relational (particularly Postgres) and non-relational (particularly Redis and DynamoDB)
- Experience in service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience with message queues, pub-sub systems, and/or event streams
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
- You have built highly resilient, scalable REST-based services
- You are product focused and collaborate to find the best possible solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.