Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Specialist, Finance is within Finance Department, the incumbent will be responsible to prepare/ post journal entries, perform bank reconciliations, assist in the month-end closing of the accounts, assist in the preparation of the budget and business plan and prepare involve in the daily operations of the Finance Department.
- Involve in the daily operations of the Finance Department
- Prepare/ post journal entries, perform bank reconciliations, assist in the month-end closing of the accounts
- Assist in the financial reporting to the regulator, regional office
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and business plan
- Complete tasks in a timely manner
- Participate in departmental special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Possess at least a degree in finance/ accounting or professional qualification (ACCA, CPA)
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in finance and accounting. Candidates with experience in banking or insurance companies will be of added advantage
- Basic knowledge in Accounting and operational systems, knowledge of the Sun Accounting System will be of added advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS will be of added advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word is required
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, possess good inter-personal communication skill and a dynamic team player
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2019, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.