Teachanywhere are working with a top international school in Yangon, Myanmar.
The school are looking for a Mathematics teacher (up to A level) for an August 2021 start.
School Overview: This British International school opened in August 2014 to some fanfare and is part of a well-known group of top tier British international schools throughout the world. The school has quickly established itself as one of the leading international schools in Myanmar, offering a high quality international education to students in Early Years, Primary and Secondary up to Year 10, with provisions to expand year on year. The recent move to a brand new purpose built campus has meant that the school offers world class facilities and resources for the whole community. The fantastic campus and facilities match the schools ambitions to strive for the best, with recognition that education takes place both in the classroom and outside, through a range of learning styles. Resilience is key to growth and all students are encouraged to take risks in their own learning.
Regional Overview: Yangon is Myanmar's largest city and its economic hub. It's a fascinating city which blends British heritage with Burmese, Chinese and Indian influences. It's a typical bustling Asian city. It is very well known for its colonial architecture and is a real mix of old and new as the city has developed with the influx of private industry and investment and the population has now reached 5 million. This is a fascinating place to live within an amazing culture at the heart of South East Asia - with all of the regions delights on your doorstep. Some of the world's most beautiful beaches are nearby and weekends can be spent exploring the likes of Mandalay. Further afield is the gateway to all that the Far East has to offer.
- You should have 2 years post qualifying teaching experience
- You should ideally be British trained OR have UK curriculum experience.
- The school seeks dedicated, hardworking professional teachers who are interested in living and furthering their careers in a fascinating location.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working with EAL students.
- As a growing school you should be keen to immerse yourself in the development of this school.
- The school offers a good tax free salary (approx. $35,000 US per annum) in a very low cost of living environment allowing great savings potential
- Flight allowance
- Generous accommodation allowance
- Full medical cover
- Free tuition for dependants
- 1 year contract, renewable
- Successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail or telephone and must be able to provide solid references for at least the past three academic years.
- Due to the high volume of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Teachanywhere have been successfully placing qualified teachers into schools across the world for more than 10 years. With a dedicated team who have worked in different regions, we provide first-hand experience, support and advice to ensure you find the right job for you