Do you get aggravated by preventable downtime and an endless stream of repetitive tickets to resolve? Do you desire to apply your engineering mindset, solving problems before they happen, using automation? Do you excel at writing high-quality automation scripts that deliver high availability and cost-optimized infrastructure?
In this role you will be responsible for optimizing the critical behind-the-scenes world of our SaaS operation which enables our business to rapidly scale as we acquire new products and customers. Our strategic partnership with Amazon will allow you to beta-test and experiment with new AWS services, so you will never lose your technical edge.
Automation will be your core deliverable. Our culture thrives on our deep focus and obsession with continuous improvement, so you will be focused on strategic improvement projects that shape the future of our infrastructure and evolve our site reliability engineering practices.
What You Will Be Doing
Every day you will dig into new technologies running across thousands of servers and deliver centralized, standard infrastructure with improved availability and reduced operating costs. You will work with infrastructure at a massive scale producing simple, scalable, meticulously engineered infrastructure that continuously improves. You will write scripts that remove routine operational work from our support teams and migrate components to standardized infrastructure. Automation is at the core of everything you'll do.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Focused on polishing one product, or being stuck with the same set of technologies because our tech stack evolves weekly with each product we acquire.
- Responding to trouble tickets
- Building bespoke infrastructure solutions
- System administration tasks
Technical Architect Key Responsibilities
Say good-bye to an outage resolution mindset and dedicate your day to producing optimized infrastructure. In this role, you will:
- Identify quarterly goals that will deliver standardized, high availability, and cost-optimized infrastructure
- Create and execute Infrastructure as Code scripts
- Plan and execute lift and shift projects for acquired products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Services (compute, databases, networking)
- In-depth knowledge and 2+ years of hands-on experience with Linux
- Ability to use infrastructure configuration management, deployment, and versioning tools to reduce manual work (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand production code in any language so that you have a deeper understanding of our technology and ways to optimize it.
- Ability to pack application into containers (Docker) and deploy to Kubernetes
- Ability to deploy and configure infrastructure for running virtual machines (VMWare)
- AWS Solutions Architect certification is a plus
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3343-MY-KualaLum-TechnicalArchi.003