Are you a seasoned Finance pro who’s sick of month-end chaos? Are you brewing with ideas on how to automate away the repetitive accounting drudgery that most Finance organizations do manually? When you spot inefficiencies in the Finance operation, do you dive into details to fix the problem, instead of just complaining? If so, we want you to lead our Finance teams.
We are the Finance & Accounting team of one of the largest private software companies in the world. Our vision for Finance: A one-click month-end close. To achieve this, we need a system-focused, automation-obsessed Finance leader at the helm to operate, debug and ultimately implement a new kind of Finance system.
What You Will Be Doing
You’ll primarily be doing two things: deep dives and system improvement plans. Each deep dive is a thorough investigation into real work that failed our quality bar, so you will need to burrow down to a root cause and address it with your insightful solution. After you get some deep dives under your belt, you’ll start to notice patterns; that’s when you’ll be inspired to develop a system improvement plan, a broader, bolder re-imagination of how work gets done in Finance.
What You Won’t Be Doing
Vice President Finance Key Responsibilities
- Treating symptoms as they arise; we want you curing diseases
- Delegating the hard work to an underling
- Developing investment strategies; this is an operations role
- Own a segment of the ERP (e.g., Procurement, OTC, Accounting or FP&A) and use your Finance & Accounting expertise and ERP knowledge to make it operate more efficiently
- Investigate quality problems in your team's work]
- Determine the root cause of each important quality failure, develop a simple solution that fixes both the problem and the source of the problem, and clearly document your recommended solution
- Review the series of root cause analyses you performed to find patterns, generate insights and write a system improvement recommendation that simplifies the issue, has a quantifiable impact and is chosen from a set of considered alternatives
- Present your recommendations to your SVP/EVP/CXO for review and, upon approval, execute your System Improvement
- Lead your global, remote team, comprising of a Finance Manager and individual contributors in your ERP segment
- Deep ERP system expertise
- Senior Finance Leadership experience (VP, Controller, CFO) of a $50M+ USD complex organization
- 10+ years of total experience, with 5+ years as Finance Manager / Controller / Restructuring Advisor / Financial Operator with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Significant US GAAP or IFRS knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and experience directly interacting with senior leaders
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment to achieve clear goals
- Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math/Science degree. Qualified as a CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or MBA
- Audit experience at a well regarded global firm, ideally Big 4
- A great working knowledge of Oracle NetSuite
- Experience in system integrations and process design
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3176-PH-Ncr_Nati-VicePresidentF.006