cLabs is looking for a range of visual design skills across multiple contributors ranging from product to brand.
Celo’s audience is global and spans across a wide demographic of user types. Designing for all takes deep empathy, patience, and humility. The cLabs Design Team develops the Celo Story, consistent in principle and distinct in application. Each member of the team contributes their unique gifts to their projects toward the greater story.
The Visual Designer will be a leader in Celo’s “Look.” They will work closely with brand and applications teams to design experiences. cLabs has a design obsessed company culture. The Visual Designer is expected to be a strong contributor to the team’s culture and produce abundantly
- Breathe life into the Celo experiences — web, mobile applications, service design, and graphic design
- Own projects from ideation to productionDevelop and refine Celo’s visual language
- Influence the design practice as it grows and evolves
- Take on the challenge of communicating complex ideas simply
- Work closely with the Design team, participating in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback and share your own expertise Go out into the world, draw on creative experiences outside the office, and bring inspiration back to Cel
- Visual design fluency—studious about hierarchy, consistent layouts, grids, and rhythm
- Art direction skills that contribute to a project’s vision
- You create beautifully polished design work, you obsess over details and are excited to iterate until your work is pixel-perfect
- Open-minded, but opinionated about current design trends
- You can think in terms of design systems with an understanding of how your work in one area plays out across the larger experience
- Experience designing mobile applications and websites
- Enjoy telling a story through meaningful, coherent visual languages — illustrations, iconography, layout design, and color
- +3 Years of experience designing for mobile or brand experiences
- Portfolio mandatory for application
- Bonus: Motion design or print experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Beautiful office space
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
C Labs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.