SolarWinds creates and sells powerful and affordable software, and our products and business model are differentiators in the industry. We focus on speed to value and real time problem solving for the IT professional and other users. As a company, we believe that capable and confident people are key to driving results. As we continue to grow our footprint throughout the world, an amazing opportunity has been created for a motivated individual to join our team as the Technical Support Engineer for our MSP business unit.
SolarWinds MSP is seeking a Technical Support Engineer that will diagnose and resolve technical issues involving Remote Monitoring, Asset Tracking, Remote Connection, Patch Management, AV, Backup, Mail Security and more. The Technical Support Engineer serves as the key interface between SolarWinds MSP and our customers with the primary goal of making sure we create and maintain customer loyalty by delivering an effortless support experience.
This role is made for you if you:
- Are highly technical, organized and has excellent communication and people skills
- Can use good judgment, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Are highly motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Are passionate about quality but respectful of meeting established deadlines
- Embody the leadership qualities of collaboration, adaptability and stakeholder focus
- Are as comfortable with local and global working environments
At the heart of our global operations is a talented and diverse team of professionals committed to making SolarWinds MSP a market leader. We are seeking dedicated, creative and driven individuals to join our team and grow professionally with us. We provide excellent benefits, competitive salaries and promise you a world of opportunities.
- Deliver service and support to customers via phone, email, and/or chat.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience through issue resolution.
- When issues or resolutions cannot be reached through thinking outside of the box, redirect or escalate by collaborating with team members, developers, and/or sales team.
- Redirect or escalate issues appropriately when issues are outside of support boundaries or when resolution cannot be confirmed (utilizing all available resources; IT, teammates, supervisor, etc).
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain thorough and accurate documentation of cases.
- Maintain and continue to develop in-depth knowledge of Solarwinds MSP products and services.
- Fixed shift to cover EMEA region (Mid Shift) 24/7 support (weekends/holidays off will be on a rotational basis)
- Critical thinking: Strong reasoning skills; able to structure thinking into logical flow and sequence that’s easy for others to understand; able to create and work with conceptual frameworks
- Communication: Crisp, compelling and practical style of organizing thoughts into writing and speech;
- Self-Management: Able to know and manage your time and your commitment; adaptable with a growth mindset in support of your own work; acts with urgency and integrity
- Stakeholder management: Able to establish positive relationships and collaborate with others around accomplishing goals; taking responsibility as they may come and held accountable for the results
Cloud and Backup
- Advanced troubleshooting experience on any of the following:
- PC hardware/software (at least 2-3 yrs. hands-on experience)
- Server Management (e.g. Windows 2012/2016+) Highly desired
- Network devices (e.g. Cisco, Juniper)
- Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience on any of the following:
- Scripting using Powershell
- Windows Server 2012/2016 logging and reporting concepts
- Windows operating systems, file structure, registry, and event logs
- Event Viewer, Group Policy, Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Certificates, TLS/SSL
- Solid understanding on the following:
- Common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration.
- Networking protocols TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
- Exchange, SQL, Virtual Platform, Linux server
- Chat support experience with the ability to type 45-60 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective listening, and ability to communicate both verbally and written, professionally
Your resume is included in the selection process and will be carefully reviewed by a talent acquisition professional. Once we’ve identified that your skills/experience match the criteria, one of our staffing partners will reach out to you soon to discuss the details of the role and steps in the hiring process.
Please note that this will be on a “Work from Home set-up” until further notice is given to report onsite. The hired professional will be issued a device/IT peripherals to perform his/her tasks.