SolarWinds is looking to hire their next MSP Technical Support Engineer, Intermediate (Morning Shift) (This is for a remote/work from home set-up until further notice. Site is located in BGC)
SolarWinds MSP is seeking a Technical Support Engineer that will diagnose and resolve technical issues involving Remote Monitoring, Asset Tracking, Remote Connection, Patch Management, AV, Backup, Mail Security and more. The Technical Support Engineer serves as the key interface between SolarWinds MSP and our customers with the primary goal of making sure we create and maintain customer loyalty by delivering an effortless support experience.
Being part for our team, you will responsible to:
- Deliver service and support to customers via phone, email, and/or chat.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience through issue resolution.
- When issues or resolutions cannot be reached through thinking outside of the box, redirect or escalate by collaborating with team members, developers, and/or sales team.
- Redirect or escalate issues appropriately when issues are outside of support boundaries or when resolution cannot be confirmed (utilizing all available resources; IT, teammates, supervisor, etc).
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain thorough and accurate documentation of cases.
- Maintain and continue to develop in-depth knowledge of Solarwinds MSP products and services.
- APAC Coverage (Morning Shift) and does 24/7 Support (on rotation basis)
- 2-3 years of work experience in server and network administration
- Advanced troubleshooting experience on any of the following:
- PC hardware/software
- Server Management (e.g. Windows 2012/2016+)
- Network devices (e.g. Cisco, Juniper)
- Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience on any of the following:
- Scripting using Powershell
- Windows Server 2012/2016 logging and reporting concepts
- Windows operating systems, file structure, registry, and event logs
- Event Viewer, Group Policy, Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Certificates, TLS/SSL
- Solid understanding on the following:
- Common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration.
- Networking protocols TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
- Exchange, SQL, Virtual Platform, Linux server
- Chat support experience with the ability to type 45-60 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective listening, and ability to communicate both verbally and written, professionally
- Key Criteria: Network/Server support experience is a must have, possesses good customer service background and good english comms skills are vital. Do make sure to highlight these in your resume if you have it, as these are key attributes that would stand-out.
Your resume is included in the selection process, and will be carefully reviewed by a talent acquisition professional. Once we’ve identified that your skills/experience match the criteria, one of our staffing partners will reach out to you soon to discuss the details of the role and steps in the hiring process.
- Please note that this will be on a “Work from Home set-up” until advised otherwise. The hired professional will be issued a device/IT peripherals to perform the responsibilities of the role.