As a 3D Artist at Labster you will help our amazing Art team that creates assets and animations for creating next-generation 3D education solutions. You will be part and collaborate with our content team to create new simulations and extend our catalog, all while working with an agile mindset.
On a regular day, you will closely and continuously work with cross-functional teams located both in Bali,Copenhagen and the UK. To gain a better understanding of what Labster is currently working on, visit our website.
NOTE: This position has a 1-year contract and the preferred start date is February 1st 2021. Even though this role will be fully remote in the first months, the selected candidate will have the chance to relocate to Bali, Indonesia, once that will be possible given the current conjuncture.
- Creating and delivering well executed and optimized 3D assets and animations for our simulations.
- Proactively supporting other team members when needed.
- Maintaining high standards of our workflow practices.
- Taking an active part in team meetings: suggesting improvements, actively taking on new roles, providing constructive feedback, etc.
- Proactively delivering new and inventive ideas that will support the team in efforts of solving day-to-day challenges.
- Maintaining strong and positive working relationships with the development team.
- Developing and maintaining 3D asset and animation production-related documentation.
- Outstanding in using any .fbx compatible 3D package for a Unity3D based project, preferably Blender3D.
- Good experience in creating animations.
- You have an experience in the gaming industry or understand how to work with Unity 3D (or any other game engine).
- You have experience with creating 2D art using Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet team deadlines.
- You are a confident speaker who is not afraid of challenging the status - quo.
- You are proficient in English.
- Firm grasp of core artistic principles such as color and composition.
- Firm grasp of core animation principles.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and Agile development environment.
- You are able to work independently as well as in the team, proactively supporting your colleagues in their daily activities when it is needed.
- You like to research new and innovative ways of working.
- You are interested not only in excelling as a 3D Artist but also proactively taking on new roles outside of your domain.
- Possessing high effectiveness in time management and task prioritization.
- Willing to relocate to Bali, Indonesia.
- Friendly and productive work environment with fun, diverse, smart, and open-minded people.
- Getting up in the morning and knowing that you’ll work on something that helps people improve their lives – education.
- Opportunity to work with the newest technologies in a product company with a noble vision.
- Have responsible freedom within your scope of work to maintain healthy work-life balance.
- Working from an amazing location - Bali, Indonesia.
- Competitive compensation based on your qualifications and experience.
- Budget for personal and professional development.
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. Our mission is to develop fully interactive software that makes learning both fun, engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many science students as possible (see short trailer here). Since 2012, our simulations were played over 4,000,000 times and each semester more than 4,000 universities, high schools and other institutions around the globe are using them to enhance their teaching programs.
We govern ourselves by using a flat-hierarchy system called Holacracy that is focused on roles, collaboration and distributed leadership. We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members.