The Account Relationship Manager (Merchant Success Manager) acts as a strategic advisor for all our Shopify Plus merchants in Hong Kong and China which may include additional strategic engagement with merchants across Southeast Asia. Both Hong Kong and China, however, will be the main focus of the role. As a Merchant Success Manager, they are so much more than a traditional Account Manager. It is essential that they are passionate about the success of our merchants using the Shopify Plus platform, and that they leverage their role to help high-growth, high-volume merchants across these dynamic regions be successful. They will do this through developing strong relationships with merchants, and providing them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward, both online and offline. They will also have the exciting opportunity to assist in helping grow the Shopify Plus Merchant Success approach throughout Asia, as well as being an advocate for the overall objective of increasing awareness for Shopify Plus in the region.
This is a remote position available within Singapore.
The Responsibilities Include
- Supporting the development of strategic merchant partnerships and building a loyal base that actively advocates for Shopify Plus.
- Serve as cross-functional leader across Shopify – to ensure a unified, seamless merchant experience.
- Coach merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features; recommending ways to best utilise Shopify’s solutions.
- Connect merchants with top Shopify Partners for custom design and development projects.
- Partner with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ regional needs and requests.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of industry trends.
Requirements For The Role
- At least 2-3 years proven experience in SaaS account management in both Southeast Asia and the broader Asia Pacific region.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- A solid understanding of domestic marketplaces, import/export practises and commerce expectations in the region.
- Strong business acumen and experience providing strategic advice to customers throughout Asia.
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of personalities, levels, and role capacities.
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; they should be merchant-focused in all that they do.
- Experience or training in managing small to mid sized projects; working with 35-45+ merchants and their big picture strategy.
- Experience, training, or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; working with multiple stakeholders and will need to speak their language.
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results.
- Strong organizational, operational and project management skills.
- Technical aptitude – quick to develop a deep understanding of new software.
- Adept at navigating large complex organisations, matrixed decision-making, working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and across global time zones.
- Proven ability to analyse complex situations and drive goals & action plans to lead merchants to achieve their key objectives.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of customer-centric thinking, behaviour and track record and experience working cross-functionally between sales, engineering, and support teams.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We at looking forward to reading your application.
We are currently on holiday, you will be expecting to hear from us during the week of Jan 4th.