Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of M&E Manager (Accountability), the Accountability Officer is responsible for day-to-day implementation of the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism, a strategic initiative of IRC Myanmar country program for client responsiveness. Main responsibilities are mostly related to Accountability of Affected People (AAP) and include administrative handling of feedback and complaints, routine recordkeeping, and communication and coordination. The position requires the ability to work closely with a multi-sectorial program team and to interact effectively with a wide variety of community members. This position is based on Lashio and frequent travel to field.
Management of client’s feedback and/or complaint
- Serve as point of contact/ and administer different feedback channels (e.g. hotlines, suggestion boxes, individual interviews).
- Acknowledge, receive and register feedback/complaints from clients of IRC’s assistance and the community members.
- Inform stakeholders about confidentiality policy, complaint-handling process, and time frames.
- Handle routine questions and requests for information.
- Categorize and route stakeholder feedback/complaints to responsible staff according to policies and standard operation procedures.
- Facilitate communication with complainants about case status and decisions.
- Throughout the process of intake of complaints/feedback and referrals, ensure applying protection principles for confidentiality of information and safety of beneficiaries.
- Provide to beneficiaries information on third-party services available in the area.
Data Management and Reporting
- Handle entry, upload, and export of data, using designated software.
- Organize paper and electronic records for routine reporting in timely manner.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of client feedback data management in line with existing IRC policies on data protection.
- Produce monthly and annual reports on CFRM data
Community Awareness and Learning
- Coordinate and communicate with other CR team members throughout the country for sharing best practices and challenges.
- Provide advice to M&E Manager (accountability) on development of visual materials for dissemination among beneficiaries.
- Ensure Feedback Mechanism briefings and information dissemination is provided on routine basis to local field staff as well as community members.
- Support the conduct of or facilitate any required training for IRC staff and partners on Client Responsiveness
- Implement other activities, related to the objectives of Yangon M&E technical support unit, as assigned by M&E Manager (Accountability).
- Support large or complex assessment/evaluation activities as required
- Support implementation of rapid needs assessments in the event of emergencies
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in social science, public administration, gender, development studies or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in complaints handling, data collection, community engagement and working on programs in a humanitarian UN/INGOs/LNGO context.
- Experience working with vulnerable, disempowered and marginalized groups in humanitarian sector.
- Excellent command of MS-Office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point).
- Ability to work under stressful conditions while maintaining perspective and a sense of humor.
- Willing to travel to programs implementing hard to reach rural areas.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, able to handle problems with patience, politeness and diplomacy.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and partners in cross-cultural environment.
- Working familiarity with smart phones or tablets, preferably for mobile data collection.
- Strong self-initiative, with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in fast-paced team environment.
- Language Skills: Must speak local languages, in addition to Burmese and working English.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.