Would you picture yourself working remotely on the Finance & Accounting team of one of the largest private software companies in the world? Are you an experienced finance professional, ambitious, and eager to learn international finance practices? Our global, distributed team is directly responsible for month-end activities, audits, business plans of a software company that owns over 100 products and is rapidly growing its portfolio with new acquisitions every week.
What You Will Be Doing
Provided with full responsibility as the Accounting or FP&A lead for a group of entities, you will ensure accurate Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets are maintained, quarterly business planning is performed, and extraordinary insights are presented coherently and convincingly to management. You will work directly in our ERP Oracle NetSuite and PBCS (Hyperion). You will interact with other finance departments, external auditors, and other partners, and ensure actions are taken to keep the accounts fully up to date.
Accountant Key Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate Financial Statement and month-end close reports.
- Reconcile accounts, resolving discrepancies and collaborating across various Finance and non-Finance functions optimally
- Analyze journals, produce data analysis and reports and assist with variance analysis.
- Assemble the annual audit information for external auditors
- As a partner in the accounting process, recommend how to improve efficiency using automation
- Analyse past performance financial data, and prepare budgets and forecasts for business unit CEO's
- Perform variance analysis between monthly actual performance and budget, and use your business understanding to produce insights that the CEO and COO can action to drive financial results
- Excellent written and verbal English interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment to achieve clear goals
- 5+ years of experience within finance in a company with international operations, in one or more of the following financial areas: Accounts Payable (or PTP), Accounts Receivable (or OTC), Accounting (or RTR), Analyst, or FP&A, with growing level of responsibility and complexity
- US GAAP or IFRS knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, and an ability to understand underlying business drivers and provide actionable insights based on your analysis.
- Ability to analyse financial data and build a simplified explanation that will demonstrate financial impact of changes to budgets and plans.
- ERP Software experience, Oracle NetSuite or similar
- Accounting / Bookkeeping certification or relevant degree
- PBCS (Hyperion) or similar reporting software experience
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3961-SG-Singapor-Accountant