Overview of Position:
Reporting to the Finance Manager APAC the Accountant will be responsible for producing management accounts for entities in the region.
What you will do:
- Oversee the APAC region’s production and maintenance of each entity’s full set of accounts in a timely, complete and accurate manner. This includes reviewing all inputs from supporting processes like AP, AR and HR/Payroll vendors
- Perform month end tasks such as journal entry, balance sheet reconciliation and intercompany balance reconciliation
- Ensure the accounting systems, processes and procedures for the APAC region are working effectively
- Review work of external service providers, for example payroll vendors, tax agents and auditors
- Maintain complete and accurate record of fixed assets and inventory
- Ensure all provisions, prepayments, accruals and other balance sheet items are accurately calculated, reconciled and recorded on a monthly basis. This includes regular review of balance sheet items
- Comply with Group and Regional reporting deadlines
- Perform monthly financial analysis for reporting packs, this includes ad hoc financial analysis as requested
- Prepare annual accounts for the legal entity
- Responsible for compliance with Group and company internal controls, policies and procedures
- Compliance with all applicable accounting standards
What we need from you:
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Experience of multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Advance Excel skills.
- Ability to effectively manage tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
Speedcast is a leading communications and IT services provider, delivering critical communications services to the Maritime, Energy, Mining, Media, Telecom, Cruise, NGO, Government, and Enterprise sectors. The company leverages its global network platform to provide fully connected systems that harness technologies and applications to transform what remote operations can achieve. With the world’s most comprehensive network, Speedcast enables faster, seamless pole-to-pole coverage from a global hybrid satellite, fiber, cellular, microwave, MPLS, and IP transport network with direct access to public cloud platforms. The company integrates differentiated technology offerings that provide smarter ways to communicate and distribute content, manage network and remote operations, protect and secure investments, and improve the crew and guest experience. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 3,200 customers in over 140 countries. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.
Speedcast has successfully completed its restructuring process and emerged from chapter 11 proceedings under the ownership of Centerbridge Partners, L.P. Following Centerbridge’s USD $500 million equity investment in the company, Speedcast now has a clean balance sheet with no secured debt and a healthy cash balance, optimally positioning it as a stable, long-term partner for its employees, customers and vendors.
About Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
Centerbridge Partners, L.P. is a private investment management firm employing a flexible approach across investment disciplines—from private equity to credit and related strategies, and real estate—in an effort to find the most attractive opportunities for our investors and business partners. The Firm was founded in 2005 and as of January 31, 2021 has approximately $28 billion in capital under management with offices in New York and London. Centerbridge is dedicated to partnering with world-class management teams across targeted industry sectors and geographies to help companies achieve their operating and financial objectives. For more information, please visit www.centerbridge.com.
Working at Speedcast:
At Speedcast, we want people that like adventure. Who are motivated by work that takes uncommon ingenuity and thinking outside the box. Who relish the idea of working in an industry undergoing massive transformation. If you want to be part of a global team responsible for connecting the world, then you’re in the right place.
We're always pushing forward, never standing still. When people rely on you and your team to stay connected, it brings everyone closer together. We’re united by the adrenaline of high-stakes projects and our love of getting the job done right. You will experiment, learn and grow here, right alongside us, every single day.
Find great opportunities to make an impact. We have a "one team, one dream" mentality. We work together to make great things happen. Working at Speedcast isn't just a job, it's a career that you can take to new levels.
Top reasons why people love working at Speedcast:
- Our global presence – you get to work with clients and colleagues all over the world, in every continent
- Talented teammates – your co-workers are the best and brightest in the industry
- Industry leadership – be part of the latest advancements shaping the future of communications
- Ability to develop skills – work across departments to gain new skills and valuable experience
- Choose your environment – we have an environment to fit your temperament. Choose between a traditional desk job or work in the field.
- Grow your career - Guide your career in the direction you want. Gain new titles and responsibilities through our internal promotion system.
- Work on diverse projects – every day is different with our customers from a range of industries around the world
Speedcast does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.