Accountant - Work From Home + Night Shift in Cebu, Central Visayas
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to learn about our company and this Senior Accountant position that we are searching for! Our company, Safari One Business Solutions, is a Philippines based corporation that supports the accounting, finance, and various operational/logistical functions for Safari Micro, Inc. Safari Micro was founded in 1997, and is a privately held, profitable and well-established reseller of computer hardware, software, and IT services to corporations and governmental agencies/municipalities throughout the U.S. We are based in the U.S. in sunny Chandler, Arizona. www.safarimicro.com
Safari One Business Solutions has been based in the Philippines since 2013. Due to the recent Covid-19 crisis, our team of 8 smart, driven, friendly and fun loving (we think having fun at work is important!) accounting and finance professionals are effectively working from their homes to support our U.S. based operations. But even during these uncertain times brought about by Covid-19, we continue to strongly believe in consistently growing our Philippines based team which has been (and will continue to be) an important part of our company’s success. Due to Covid-19, we have no plans for our team to return to the office. Therefore, this will be a permanent “work from home” position. Goodbye traffic jams and long commutes!
This person will work during our night shift in the Philippines, which is from approximately 10:30pm – 7:30am, local Philippines time. Depending on the workload, our team can work up to 50 hours a week (but usually about 45…we value your life outside of work!). At Safari, we feel that working with great people is extremely important to employee happiness. We therefore want to hire people who are motivated, intelligent, responsible, and genuinely enjoyable to work with! You will be reporting to our COO, along with the rest of the Accounting/Finance team.
· The initial responsibility of the person who takes on this position will be to gain a full understanding of our company’s accounting operations and the associated revenue and expense cycle. From there, you will gradually work with the current accounting and finance team to understand our entire financial reporting process, from beginning to end.
· Learn how to effectively utilize our accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
· The goal is to have you eventually be able to complete all of the daily, weekly and monthly accounting responsibilities by performing all advanced accounting functions taught and assigned to you.
· This list is far from “all inclusive,” but some of these accounting tasks include: completion and review of all month end close procedures, including job costing, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations, bank reconciliations, commissions reporting, completion and analysis of corporate financials, and in depth analysis and reviews of the Accounts Payable Aging, Accounts Receivable Aging, key vendor ledger reconciliations, and Gross Profit Reconciliation.
· Responsible for assisting with the preparation of all monthly commission reports for the company’s sales reps.
· You may regularly interact with our sales reps in order to provide them with financial or operational data that they need in order to do their job as efficiently and effectively as possible.
· Please note that this list is not all inclusive. There are a wide variety of new challenges for this person to take on. If you want to learn MORE than what is assigned, and you have the bandwidth to successfully take on and complete other accounting or finance functions, we will give you full autonomy to learn as much as you can within the department. In addition, we would love to see someone who has the mindset to look at current processes in place, and improve upon them via automation or any other reasonable suggestions.
Desired Qualifications and Work Experience:
· Mandatory: You live in or near Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines
· Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1+ years of progressively advancing accounting experience. You are ideally proficient and extremely familiar with US based Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), or IFRS. However, we are willing to review all resumes if you think your accounting experience will allow you to be successful in this role.
· A 4-year college degree with a major in Accounting is mandatory.
· We absolutely NEED someone with a very high attention to detail. You should pride yourself on being able to spot small details that other people might miss.
· A CPA is highly desired. However, we are willing to speak with all candidates who have strong and RELEVANT experience that relates to the “Principle Accountabilities” mentioned above.
· Extremely strong written AND verbal communication skills in English is absolutely mandatory. This is because you will be regularly communicating with our U.S. based employees and external customers via email and the occasional phone call.
· Mandatory: You are a genuinely good-hearted person who is FRIENDLY and fun to work with! You enjoy being part of a cohesive team of “drama-free” professionals who are responsible, show up to work regularly and on time, and you take full responsibility for your work. You don’t make excuses, and you own up to your mistakes and realize that all mistakes are learning opportunities that allow you to improve yourself.
· Experience using Microsoft Dynamics is a huge plus. We currently utilize the most current version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Compensation (somewhat flexible): 25,000+ PHP/month
Obviously, the more “hands on” and relevant experience that you have, the higher the compensation level may be. So, if you feel that your experience matches what we are looking for, please send us your application along with your expected compensation level. These amounts include the 10% “Night Shift Differential.”
· Work from home! By logging into our corporate network through our remote desktop solution, this person will be able to perform their job function from their home.
· Medical and dental insurance paid for by the company.
· 15 days of paid time off (PTO) each year (to be used as vacation or sick time) in addition to our standard US holiday calendar.
· Training classes applicable to your professional career are paid for on a regular basis for all employees interested.
How to Apply:
If interested in this role, please send your resume to [email protected] In addition to your resume, we would really love to see you write a bit about four items:
1) Your analytical capabilities as they apply to the field of accounting. You can describe these in any manner that you see fit. As an example, you could write about a work experience(s) that you’ve had during your career that you are proud of, which speaks to these abilities.
2) Why you are interested in this position.
3) Why you believe you are qualified for this position.
4) Anything else you want to tell us about yourself, either professionally or personally, because we genuinely like to get to know our candidates. :-)
- Thank you for your interest, and if your background and work experience fits what we are searching for, you can expect to hear back from us!