Shift Energy’s mission is to shape the future of the energy industry globally. We are a dynamic team that pulls from all areas of global expertise across business, arts, and sciences. Our company nurtures deep relationships across all aspects of the solar sector worldwide.
Shift Energy creates value for: Energy end customers, channel partners (installers of solar), financiers, suppliers of solar systems and solar development teams.
Our primary focus is relationships. Our company succeeds based on how we maintain, nurture, and cultivate our relationships both internally and externally. Our teammates and our company are Passionate, Relationship focused, Innovative, Committed, Edgy, United, and Professional.
As part of the Finance Systems team, we are looking for an Enterprise Application Specialist to work in the day to day operation supporting our enterprise resource planning applications.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Program/Project Management and Software Development approaches (gather requirements, design solution, setup & configure, test & train, document & communicate, deploy & troubleshoot)
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance systems i.e Oracle Netsuite, Mercatus, Blupoint
- Responsible for the maintenance of user and technical level documentation. Document changes and create troubleshooting guides.
- Propose new workflow/solutions to improve current business process to incorporate the use of Netsuite to capture data points
- Propose new reporting tool to enhance reporting information to the executive
- Lead in the development of finance systems, robust testing of new functionality, processes and setups.
- Able to interpret business need and translate into reporting requirement
- Work with Finance teams to clarify business requirements, map them to systems capabilities, and recommend technical solutions.
- Lead the roll-out of application releases (enhancement/new implementation), including documentation, user acceptance test, and go-live
- Propose solutions (or improvements) for future and current requirements using any of the existing or new tools.
- At least Bachelor's degree in either computer science, accountancy, or a similar field of study.
- Preferable with at least 2-4 year working experience in a similar role supporting ERP, EPM or BI systems.
- Knowledge in programming language (e.g. JAVA, SQL, or Python) is a must.
- Ability to grasp finance and technical concepts quickly, develop expertise while on-the-job training.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player and able to work and learn independently when necessary.
- Understanding Netsuite is a plus