Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in policy technology and internet policy issues (e.g., intellectual property, free expression, online safety, etc.).
- Experience working with an array of cross-functional stakeholders such as engineering and product management.
- Experience using data and technology to solve business problems with the ability to exercise judgment in a crisis
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: coding, databases and querying, statistical analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate issues into simple, clear language
- Good problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Good leadership, organization, and teamwork skills
About The Job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
At Google, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. In Trust & Safety (T&S), we protect Google’s users, prevent abuse across products, and ensure we're a trusted source of information, interactions, and content. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and developing, communicating, and enforcing state-of-the-art product policies.
The Ads Programs & Communications team catalyses, manages, and scales the programs, policies, and processes integral to delivering trusted ad experiences.
Specifically, ads policy analysts demystify all things policy to cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Global Affairs, Product) and partner T&S teams on policy implementation, consultation and escalation, drawing on deep domain expertise and structured communications. We do this by rolling out enforcement guidelines, calibrating and influencing policy boundaries, consulting on edge cases, handling escalations, and developing education resources.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Develop, implement, and enforce scalable Google Ads and content policies. Innovate processes and best practices for implementing policies across multiple geographies.
- Collaborate with policy, product, and engineering teams to influence product and format policy decisions, in order to improve the user experience for policy-related issues at scale.
- Manage and resolve escalations from internal and external stakeholders. Identify escalation trends and provide feedback to grow formats, systems, policies, and processes.
- Grow awareness and appreciation of advertising policy issues across the company, particularly among APAC stakeholders, while keeping a pulse on risk areas of concern to them.
- Identify gaps or conflicts in the existing policy framework, develop scalable solutions, and work to obtain consensus across the organization.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .