Are you a commercially-minded, data-driven person who is passionate about simplifying complexity & innovating new approaches to help customers drive cloud outcomes, especially to help them plan, optimize, and manage their AWS costs? Are you energized to work with a team of high-performing professionals that work with customers to solve complex problems? Are you passionate about helping customers anticipate and overcome obstacles to commercial success?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our APJ business in our Cloud Economics Team as the Program Lead for our Cloud Financial Management Practice. You will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver AWS’ approach to help customers with planning, managing, and optimizing their costs and value. You will work collaboratively across AWS’ sales, support, services, partners, and training & enablement teams, to help customers plan, forecast, measure, and account for AWS costs, thereby driving long-term customer value.
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Establish programs and best practices that will move the needle for our customers and drive these across the entire APJ region
- Work in a dynamic team that is at the forefront of thought leadership and commercial analysis in the cloud computing space
- Communicate the Cloud Financial Management best practices to a broad audience of IT, business & finance leaders.
- Enable the broader AWS field organization understand how to help our customers on optimizing their use of the AWS platform.
- Serve as the focal point for all Cloud Financial Management discussions with our customers and partners across the end to end sales cycle.
You will work with business leaders and country teams to shape and drive programmatic initiatives that will advise customers on cost related tooling, governance, controls, and automation – covering: (1) planning and budgeting their AWS costs, (2) optimizing and minimizing their spend through rightsizing, modernization, elasticity/scheduling, and purchasing options to help our customers make informed cloud purchasing decisions; once on the platform leverage our pricing models to fully realize the commercial benefits that the AWS cloud has to offer, and (3) implementing sustainable approaches to managing AWS costs.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background, with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses balanced against the needs of the AWS business. You will have deep experience determining customer needs and developing innovative, repeatable, and scalable solutions to meet these needs. You should also have reasonable technical understanding of cloud concepts and vendors.Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
- Work with the Global and APAC Cloud Economics Leadership team to shape the strategy and priorities for serving the APAC customer and partner base.
- Design commercial processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume and complexity.
- Serve as a key source of business insights into how our customers view the commercial benefit of using AWS cloud relative to deploying applications on-premises or against competitive cloud offerings.
- Act as an authoritative voice and evangelist among the AWS field, partners, and customers on economics, value, and cost-related matters.
- "Look around corners” to initiate initiatives in anticipation of future customer and business needs.
- Identify approaches and drive scale to serve the growing number of internal and external customers.
- Understand the business, financial operations, and technical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met by AWS.
- Drive execution of field and partner enablement and readiness.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and collaborate with sales leadership to ensure alignment.
- Build an internal enablement and reporting cadence that enables the effective utilization of the team across the business.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team.
- 10+ years of business development, IT operations, management consulting, financial advisory or experience.
- Solid understanding of commercial levers and investment case of large-scale technology transformations.
- Sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of leading data-driven analyses and influencing results.
- Self-starter, able to handle multiple competing priorities and operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization.
- Experience managing and driving cross-functional virtual teams
- Experience with or significant exposure and understanding of IT cost and financial planning/management.
- Experience in building new, scalable programs to support and enable a large field organization.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively and deliver results across cross-functional, remote and virtual teams
- A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must – this is a hands-on role
- Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
- Financial advisory or management consulting experience is highly desired.
- MBA or equivalent qualifications.
- Technical understanding of cloud technologies, platforms, and solutions.
- Experience with finance and procurement.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.Company
- Amazon Web Services Singapore
Job ID: A1172641