Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Have you ever noticed that nobody visits the second page of Google anymore? Typing a question into Google’s search function almost always produces the right answer. Google’s mission is “to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful,” and it does that by distilling an unfathomably large amount of information into highly accurate search answers.
Trilogy is doing the same for its ever-growing library of software products. To achieve this, we are looking for excellent writers with deep technical backgrounds to build a cutting-edge Knowledge Base (KB) capable of nailing the right answer every time for tens of thousands of customers and a Concept Graph that automatically organizes KB content. Here is our plan:
First, the KB will empower our support agents to solve tickets fast and on the first attempt. We believe 80% of support tickets can be solved within 5 minutes. We are at 10% today. Your troubleshooting articles will help ensure that, even with the most complex technical issues we face, our agents will have the right answer at their fingertips.
Next, the KB will be able to anticipate customer questions before they are even raised. Today, our AI-powered Autobot solves 30% of our customers’ issues. Our goal is to reach 100% and completely eliminate the need for support tickets altogether. Your technical aptitude and writing ability will help make this a reality.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Writing highly detailed troubleshooting articles that are the core of our Knowledge Base. Each day, you will flex your technical skills and writing ability.
- Making continuous improvements to existing KB articles. Our Concept Graph prioritizes the most important article upgrades and uses natural language processing to make it easy to find any article about any topic in an instant.
- Writing training curricula and certification tests that help L1 and L2 support agents cross-train on multiple products, which allows us to solve customer issues faster.
- Writing technical specs, user manuals, or marketing materials. Our KB articles are not general overviews, but rather specific and intentional customer solutions.
- Creating product material simply for the sake of having it. Each article you write will link to tangible business value. You will not spend your time writing useless articles.
- Interfacing directly with customers. Instead, you will contribute to a comprehensive library that will guide our customer support operations.
Application Support Engineer key responsibilities
- Technical depth gained through experience in positions such as software engineering, devops, or technical support.
- Ability to understand code, scripts, and database queries. While you will not be writing code in this role, you will still need to pass a basic coding assessment to get hired.
- Ability to work 100% remotely from your own home office.
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4132-PH-VIWester-ApplicationSup