Duties & Responsibilities
The job of the COVID-19 Assistant includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work in consultation with the Covid-19 Officer as well as with VDCs (Village Development Committees), community leaders and groups to assist in the implementation COVID-19 response related project activities according to the work plan.
- Seek regular advice from the COVID-19 Officer for the implementation of activities.
- Work in close cooperation with community groups and village committees to identify the beneficiaries.
- Train and work with CHP and VDCs to facilitate and organize committees, sub-committees, community volunteers and community-based organizations/groups, and assist the COVID-19 Officer in strengthening their technical, operational and managerial capacities and skills to relief from Covid-19 effects.
- Assist with the monitoring of the project activities and outputs to ensure accountability and achievement of outcomes.
- Ensure the involvement of the communities in all stages of the project activity implementation, and ensure that lessons learnt are considered in the further planning.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating key lessons to appropriate stakeholders (community leader, women group leader, teacher, WaSH committees, CHP etc.).
- Assist the Officers in setting up the work plan regarding field trips and budget planning for aid distribution.
- Interview villagers and village leaders to collect project related data in the field such as beneficiary lists and ensure gender balance.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to follow the MOHS instruction to prevent spreading of Covid19 diseases.
- Conduct information sharing in the communities according to the work plan.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of working Sector at all levels.
- Collected project related data, supports the analysis and filing.
- Submit weekly activity reports to the Covid-19 Officer using the reporting templates provided.
- Distribute food, hygiene items, IEC and school furniture to the communities.
- Any other tasks assigned by Covid-19 Officer/ Team Leader.
- Minimum high school graduate
- A minimun of 1 year work experience, experience of working in humantarian sector or in NGO/INGO is an asset
- Willingness and motivation to work for comminity development
- Basic knowledge of computer skill (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Good knowledge of the local language and culture
- Basic knowledge in hygiene promotion
- Experience in humantarian aid distribution
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good comminication and understanding skills
- Being able to work efficiently, under pressure and adapt to difficult conditions
- Willingness to travel to the field and ability for frequent car/motorcycle travel and overnight stay in remote villages
- Commitment to arche noVa’s code of conduct, anti-fraud and security policies
- Knowledge in data collection, assessment, and reporting
- Knowldege in project monitoring and evaluation
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their full CV, cover letter and contact details of 3 Referees by email to: *************@arche-nova.org. Please use subject heading: “Ref: Vacant Position –COVID-19 Assistant– Ann.”
Deadline for applications: Open until July 26, 2020