Assistant General Manager, Own Brands
DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia. The Group helps other companies and brands to grow in the Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Performance Materials and Technology sectors. DKSH’s portfolio of services includes sourcing, market insights, marketing and sales, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, the Group operates in 35 markets with 33,000 specialists, generating net sales of CHF 11.3 billion in 2018. With its strong Swiss heritage and long business tradition since 1865, DKSH is deeply rooted in Asia Pacific.
Drive Growth. Be the Difference. Join DKSH.
DKSH’s strength lies in our great diversity of services, industries, clients, products, regions and employees from various nationalities. We are proud of our people: they are the reason we are successful. Our people are the best in the industry. They are passionate about their career growth and about business success. They work as part of an energetic and committed team, positively impacting millions of lives through the products and services we provide. Join us today if you are ready to “Drive growth. Be the Difference.” With DKSH, you will experience a world of learning and development, own your career and take business responsibility and have a positive impact that touches people’s lives.
Oversee and manage departmental operating budgets and costs according to annual allocation to ensure efficient usage of resources
Establish marketing strategy and provide direction on the development of marketing plans for products and services to achieve business objectives
Formulate medium- and long-term marketing budgets to align to big-picture business direction and clients' needs. Strategically forecast marketing expenditures and its impact on future profit and loss
Lead and influence marketing initiatives to address priorities identified from market research results. Adjust marketing strategies to reflect market realities
Establish advertising and promotion strategies that ensure optimal publicity coverage using the most efficient resource allocation
Develop product communication strategies and drive communication approach/guidelines to achieve product brand alignment
Review and critically evaluate marketing reports/updates/analysis for management presentation and decision-making
Drive business planning with internal/external stakeholders (e.g. sales) in budgeting, marketing strategy development, etc. to align to business priorities
Lead key relationships with external vendors and agencies (e.g. event organizers, advertising agencies, etc.) to ensure smooth execution of marketing activities
Track record in General Management including oversight of the sales, marketing, business development and all commercial functions.Prior experience in the context of having scaled a business significantly through product and market development initiatives.
Prior experience to or an understanding of MNC business culture and environment will be useful
Demonstrate fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Minimum eight to ten years’ experience in a similar role with minimum five years experience in a managerial capacity
Strong knowledge in POM (Prescription Only Medicine) and OTC (Over The Counter) business.
Medical doctor with MBA degree with MNC experience
- Takes a broad view, sees ahead and translates strategy into action
- Is self-driven and acts with a pioneering spirit
- Works comfortably with concepts and complexity
- Is hands-on and acts with common sense
- Takes informed, well-founded and timely decisions based on sound analysis
- Strives to satisfy our customers’ and clients’ needs to the highest level by providing creative solutions and driving their business
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with empathy, authenticity and esteem
- Leads oneself by striving to win and leads others by driving results in a tough yet fair manner
- Wins others over by negotiating skillfully to achieve optimal results
- Takes people seriously and acts with passion
- Embraces, anticipates and drives change and makes the most out of it
- Is optimistic and translates challenges into opportunities
- Is able to cope with and recover quickly from problems and setbacks
- Is dependable and acts in a straightforward way
- Takes charge and acts in a results-oriented way