Title: Associate, Advisory Services
Reporting to: Specialist, Advisory Services
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Start Date: Immediate
Women’s World Banking is seeking an innovative, energetic and multifaceted Associate to support Women’s World Banking’s strategic goals of advancing women’s financial inclusion in South East Asia. The Associate will support the development of financial solutions design including ideation, prototyping and user testing. The individual will play a key role in building Women’s World Banking’s business and working on projects within Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia.
You should apply to this position if:
- You are passionate about the power of financial services to change lives, and understand what it takes to reach low-income women where they live and work.
- You have working experience in financial services, specifically/preferably focused on financial inclusion and emerging markets.
- You are well versed in design approaches and methodologies, such as human-centered design and behavioral design, and are able to apply them effectively to develop solutions that represent the needs and voice of women customers.
- You are able to think strategically, and use a spectrum of human-centered design or design thinking methodologies to develop highly effective design solutions to drive impact and scale.
You are driven to find solutions to “making it work” and have a “yes and” mindset when it comes to teamwork and leadership.
You will be responsible for supporting the Specialist with partner engagements, project execution, and providing advisory services to enable partners to effectively reach and serve low-income women with relevant financial services and products. You will work in teams of typically 3 – 5 people, playing an active role in all aspects of the partner engagement, with a focus on designing effective and commercially viable solutions, and developing and communicating recommendations for rollout to scale the impact of the solutions. You will work on multiple engagements concurrently and with colleagues across various functions within Women’s World Banking.
- Lead design development processes from customer behavioral lens – from customer research to ideation, solutions development, prototyping, workshop for partners, user testing and pilot;
- Utilize best practices in behavioral and inclusive design;
- Analyze and interpret the research findings/information from different research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and statistics and use it for solutions development;
- Engage in strategic and creative problem solving;
- Think strategically, and use a spectrum of design methodologies to develop highly effective design solutions to drive impact and scale;
- Play an active role in technical work (in project management based activities) to execute project activities, which include supporting customer research, gathering and analyzing client-partner background information, gathering market intelligence on current market trends, and project implementation monitoring;
- Develop project deliverables, project monitoring and presentations;
- Develop a strong understanding of the context of financial inclusion in Indonesia and combine with your own experience and perspectives to provide support in developing solutions that can increase women’s financial inclusion.
Within the first 75 days:
- Demonstrate Women’s World Banking’s values – Think Big, Own and Commit to It, Smarter Together;
- Learn and comprehend Women’s World Banking’s business model;
- Fully integrate into the Advisory Services team;
- Build a strong working relationship across functional teams;
- Demonstrate your ability to support project work in the Southeast Asia advisory portfolio
- Undergraduate degree, preferably Master’s degree, in Design, Business Management, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Finance, Economics, Development Studies or related fields;
- 3– 5 years of work experience in Fintech/digital financial services/e-commerce, banking or financial services, consulting (for financial services), preferably in product/strategy/user experience/business design and development for financial services;
- Demonstrated skills in human-centered design and/or behavioral design, as well as facilitating design ideation, prototyping and user testing sessions;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly identify behavioral change levers and have an empathy-first mindset in his/her design approach;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated strong project management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage responsibility with integrity and tact;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and ability to work with remote teams;
- Willingness to learn and show adaptability, as well as reliability. Good team player;
- Willingness to travel extensively within Indonesia, but could include Cambodia and Vietnam;
- Fluency in English and Indonesian is a must;
- Working knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in using MS Office tools especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with low-income populations in emerging markets and/or experience with women’s economic and empowerment issues;
- Experience in savings, credit, insurance, and digital financial services will be valued;
- Track record of superior creativity and problem-solving abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- International work experience, particularly emerging markets.