At Klook, we love creating moments of joy. Our platform connects people around the world with experiences that bring a smile to their faces, at a touch of a button. We are a global team of diverse Klookers who push boundaries every day, learn fast with feedback and take ownership to drive the change we want to see. Together, we help each other make the world a more joyful place. Up for the challenge? Join us today!
About This Role
This role provides exceptional People Services throughout the employee lifecycle from onboarding, payroll & benefits, internal moves, to offboarding. You will report to our People Infrastructure and Operations Centre of Excellence, work closely with a team of skilled People Operations associates and support HR Business Partners and Employees across our expanding global footprint. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator who cares about the employee experience, is able to adapt quickly and seeks out continuous growth.
About People & Culture
We’re shooting for the stars… and we need the right people to get there. At People and Culture, we find, hire and engage the incredible Klookers who fuel our success. We make Klook a fantastic place to work for our diverse workforce by shaping our culture, cultivating a great employee experience and providing opportunities to learn and explore new skills.
What you’ll do
- Provide professional advice to Klookers on people processes across all aspects of HR - including people operations, benefits administration, policies, HR system / tools and compliance .
- Liaise with the global vendors in the management of compensation and benefits administration including monthly payroll processing, statutory or tax reporting and insurance administration.
- Work closely with key stakeholders including Market HR Business Partners, Finance, Legal etc in budgeting, vendor change, policy drafting and ensuring compliance.
- Champion local compliance to avoid regulatory violation and liaise with the auditor as and when required for countries within the scope of responsibilities.
- Gate keep the accuracy of data in HRIS (Workday) and ensure employee’s personal files and documents are properly kept
- Oversee the employment visa application process and relocation arrangement in relations to employee transfer
- Support implementation and provide troubleshooting to the use of HR system and tools
- Contribute to key operational optimisation and employee engagement projects and initiatives that aim to bring positive impact to the overall employee experience.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related fields
- A minimum of 2 years experience in execution of HR Operations. Payroll experience is a must.
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with a ‘roll-up-your sleeves’ can-do attitude, strong team player, high learning agility, detail-oriented, high problem-solving skills and willingness to adapt to changes. Experience working in a fast-paced or startup environment will be beneficial.
- Ability to routinely take initiative to identify issues and solve problems; thoroughly analyze information and make timely recommendations with minimal supervision
- Happy to work independently when required
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written) in English is mandatory for liaison with global stakeholders, and the ability to converse in Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and in different time zones
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with and gain commitment from employees
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathize with others and respond to the needs of the business and employees
- Excellent skills in using google applications (google doc, sheet & drive) & MS office applications
- Experienced in using Workday is highly preferred
- Passionate in creating amazing employee experience and culture in a global working environment
What you’ll get
- An awesome team of international colleagues
- A rare chance to build a global travel and leisure brand with a loooong runway of opportunities ahead
- An environment that values and supports your growth
- Ownership of projects with real impact
- No boredom! Every day is a new exciting challenge
Klook is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented and passionate people of all backgrounds. We believe that a joyful workplace is an inclusive workplace, one where employees from all walks of life have an equal opportunity to thrive. We’re dedicated to creating a welcoming and supportive culture where everyone belongs.
Klook does not accept unsolicited resumes from any temporary staffing agency, placement service or professional recruiter (“Agency”). Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments related to such unsolicited resumes.
An Agency must obtain advance written approval from Klook’s Talent Acquisition Team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed agreement for service and in response to a specific job opening for which the Agency has been requested to submit resumes for. Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place or does not comply with the foregoing.